I want to take cymbalta or Lyrica but I am

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

currently on Effeoxer. Any ideas best way to go about this?

I take 225 mg---taken by 3 75 mg pills.

Any ideas in how to go about this?
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Your doctor will give you a special pack of effexor designed for tapering off and than he /she will tell you when to start the other.

Sue
  3. pamnize

pamnize New Member

I switched to Cymbalta from Effexor several months ago. It's working great They'll reduce dosage for you for a week to wean you off. Cymbalta has extra benefits for me beyond my depression. My fibro pain has lessoned. I have stress incontinance and its helping with that too!
  4. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Hi Beadlady, Do you make jewelry?? I love to play with beads and wire once in awhile.
    I was on effexor for about a year. It didn't do much for me and I wanted to participate in the malnicipran drug study so had to wean off of it. It was horrible. Reducing your dosage might cause weird head dizziness and anxiety attacks. Once I was off of it I decided to just take Cymbalta insead of doing the drug study (since the Malnicipran is not fda approved yet). The Cymbalta reduced my pain levels to at least 1/2 of what I was feeling. I was amazed and it is still working great for me. I am also taking Lunesta every night and getting great sleep. I almost feel normal- unless I overdo.
    It took a whole month to stop feeling the havoc of the effexor, and if I had to do it again I would start the Cymbalta as soon as the doc will let you.
    Best of wishes to you. LOL, Nanna