I want to try Bio Feedback but

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeanderek, Mar 13, 2003.

1. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Where do I go? Does my doctor have to prescribe it? Does insureance pay for it? I am willing to try anything to relieve some of this pain. I have tried relaxing techniques but have been unsuccessful, but if I had someone teach me how it might help... thanks all

hugs,
    Jeanna
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

If you have tried bio feedback and had results please let me know, thanks

hugs,
    Jeanna
  3. rabbitstoo

rabbitstoo New Member

I'm sorry but it has been so long since I had it I don't remember who I had to get a referral from. I think the physical therapist recommended it that my doctor had to actually refer me. The bio feedback was done in the physical therapy office in a room set up just for that. It worked for me for what was happening at the time and I still use some of the techniques. Now that I am fully into the fibromyalgia, I would like to try it again. I have also heard lots of good things about accupuncture and want to try that too. I have heard good things about Yoga but if I had to sit on the floor they would have to have a couple people standing by to lift me back up to a standing position. I can manage to get down to the floor but usually need lots of help getting back up.

I am pretty sure my insurance covered my bio feedback the same as they did my physical therapy (since it was considered the same thing). Maybe if you called a physical therapy office (one of the larger ones) they could tell you more about it and what kind of referral you need to have.

I wish I had more current information to give you but like I said it has been a long time (1986/1987) and my memory isn't all that good any more.