I was a member a while back....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rainbowluv, Aug 30, 2005.

1. rainbowluv

rainbowluv New Member

Hello. I am very interested in Dr. Paul Cheney, and his studies. Does anyone know if there is a new book by Dr. Cheney???? I was dx with chronic fatigue/fibro in 2000, and one month ago dx with systemic mastocytosis (a rare disease of the mast cells) so I thought it wouldn't hurt to read up on as much as possible to help my immune system. I also take a medication called Gleevec to help with the S masto. Alot on my plate but I know this forum will be a big help I can feel it. I hope to learn as much as I can about Dr. Paul; the little bit I have read has really got me interested in trying some of his suggestions. If any one has tried his treatments or suggestions and would like to share I would be most appreciative!!!!!
    Take Care
  2. rainbowluv

rainbowluv New Member

acesnanna, thanks for the nice welcome and info!!!!! take care.rainbowluv
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Do a Yahoo search on Virtualhometown and you will find
    Cheney's website. There are two with very similar names so it's easiest to just Yahoo it to find the right one. If he has any new articles or a book, it will be on that website.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mother_Margaret

Mother_Margaret New Member

http://www.niaid.nih.gov/factsheets/masto.htm

I wonder whether it might be part of the picture of 2-butoxyethanol harm as it seems to cause harm to the immune system. Is mastocytosis autoimmune? It also causes genetic harm & I suspect it for the host of autoimmune metabolic problems with direct exposure & similar 'birth defects' for many children in future generations. It is a teratogen chemical that has been in common use since the 1930s

questionnaire - have you been harmed by 2-butoxyethanol?
    How is your cholesterol?
    ... your blood pressure?
    ... your blood sugar? ... any diabetes?

I was wondering what would be questions to rule the EGBE chemical exposure In or OUT???

http://www.valdezlink.com/pages/questionnaire.htm