I was a really thin teenager

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mellaart1011, Nov 12, 2006.

1. mellaart1011

mellaart1011 New Member

I was a really skinny teenager and always got called anorexic, I ate all the time and could eat anything !!
    It was really hard having people always talking about my weight, it was just like if I were fat, people were nasty all the time

I was with my female doctor who was very overweight, not just a little bit - she was quite obese but- it was none of my buisness

She told me that I was too skinny, so I told her that no matter what I tryed I couldn't gain a pound, so I asked her how I could gain weight, and she bluntly said "EAT" and that was that, I should have told her that she should maybe stop eating by the look of her, but I'm too good for that

I didn't think that her suggestion was overly professional
    and she gets paid for that kind of advice!!!!!!!!! holy crap

anyways now that I'm older I'm struggling with being slightly over weight, it just doesn't freakin end lolololol
  2. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

People can be amazingly cruel, even (some) doctors. I was skinny thru high school and ate like a lumberjack and was always teased about being so skinny.

Love yourself for who you are and don't worry about what other people think--I know, easier said than done, but life is too short to worry about other peoples' jabbering jaws.

Just smile

Foggygirl
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

and after I had babys I gained
    7 years ago I put on 100 pounds when on steroids for a health problem.

I have never lost the weight I am very large for my height.I hate it.
  4. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Just my two cents- I have no respect for obese doctors!! I had one and changed. My theory is- how can they tell us what to do if they can't even do it themselves with all of the resources at their finger tips.

I need to lose about 10 lbs. I mentioned to my doctor that I wanted to lose some weight and was planning to change my diet-he just looked at me cross-eyed.
  5. Kombucha

Kombucha New Member

I was also too thin and I think this is real intersting. I often wonder if it is basically an adrenal/thyroid hormone problem with a ramped up metabolism. We eat/ate up our hormones faster then we could make them sort of thing with CFS. Just a notion. This would effect the immune system and ability to right ourself when we've gone wrong. We literally ate ourselves.
  6. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

Good theory. Maybe we should run a poll on this..???

Foggygirl
  7. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

My friend Kathy was always really thin in high school and ate all the time, and she had Hyperthyroidism which developed into graves disease for her.

Now that she treats her thyroid she worries that she is too fat (she isn't) lol. Poor girl, I wonder if she feels the same way you do?

Perhaps you should check thryoid stuff if you haven't yet?
  8. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Well, I'm gonna pop in here and ruin the trend :D

I'm not a skinny teenager, I wasn't really before the fibro either. I've always been tall for my age (until I stopped growing when I was 11) and was always heavier than everyone else too. So, meh at you all for being skinny! You all were just like my best friend is now. When she does eat (we're having to work on that a bit...) she eats a TON. She loses weight wehn she eats. o_O. 17 years old, 5'3, 93.5lbs. I'm twice her weight and the same height. I always threaten to beat her up (jokingly, of course).

Oh what life does, eh?

Sorry to hear about your experience with that doctor, mellaart. Some people just don't gain weight when they eat, and I guess some doctors don't understand that. Personally I'd rather be on the skinny end, but my friend always gets comments made to her too.

I got distracted in the middle of typing this so I hope it's understandable
  9. kat-E

kat-E New Member

then I gained and have had a hard time maintaining ever since. I was so used to eating anything I wanted, It is very frustrating.

My Gyn told me to eat a box of HoHo's a day if I had to just get the weight on me somehow.

Now I eat much healthier and have a hard time keeping the weight off. I am still thin according to most people, but I am small framed, so a little bit of weight adds up fast.