I was approved.. WOOHOO>

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by celeste1226, Oct 22, 2009.

1. celeste1226

celeste1226 New Member

Hello all,
    I havent been around for awhile. been sick and other family issues. and my computer was down and I forgot the website name. I had a fibro minute.. but anyway.. I won my disability case.. I am so happy and relieved.. For most of you who dont remember me. Well I filed my disability claim back in August of 2008. I was denied twice then I had my ALJ hearing in July 2009. Judge sent me to get a psyc exam due the the ignorant doctor that was present at my hearing who didnt believe in fibro. I had a gastric bypass in aug 2001 so the doc at the hearing said that I might be dealing with mental or psychological issues due to my bypass and losing all the weight. I told her its been 8 yrs since my gastric bypass I have not gained any weight back and I have no problems in that department. Its the rest of my body that is hurting not my mind. well anyway the judge sent me for a psyc exam. Well I kinda not passed. the cognitive portion and memory portion is what i did not do well on. the other physical, reading and math i passed. so I was not depressed or crazy like the doc at the hearing tried to make it seem. But anyway My attorney called me this morning and said the judge approved with 100% favorable.. not sure what they approved me on but I was approved.. Thanks for hearing me out.. Good luck to everyone else who is waiting... Oh by the way I used Allsup and they were wonderful. Very helpful and always on top of things..
  2. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I waited 2 & 1/2 yrs for my hearing. I got a favorable ruling, too, praise the Lord!

God bless!

3. celeste1226

celeste1226 New Member

Congratulations... I know it was a long and stressful wait but worth it. Glad you didn't give it. I know at times I was just gonna let things go. I didn't want to deal with it anymore. But glad I didn't..
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Congrats!! I bet a big weight has just been lifted off your shoulders.

5. victoria

victoria New Member

It's worth the wait, just so tragic it does take so long of a wait!

all the best,

6. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

good for you.. I have applied through freedome disability...allsup seemed to think I wasnt qualified.. Freedom did.. my app went in on sept 29.. I guess I will see what happens
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

A big congratulations to you! This will definitely lessen the stress in your life now!

Take care,
  8. hensue

hensue New Member

I am using Allsup for the last 2 and a half years. No telling how many more years, I am so happy for you. Did you go to a psychiatrist for the exam. Over a year ago I went to a phsycologist, to no avail.

I am very happy this came thru for you. What state do you live in?

Take care
  9. sportsmom628

sportsmom628 New Member

I am so happy for you! I swear I have all the same things you have except the bypass thing and only one knee surgery, but also have ulcerative colitis and acid reflux disease, and RA along with everything else. I have not worked in 18 months either. I am still waiting though. Were you denied twice and had to go in front of judge? How long did it take you to get approved? Sounds like Texas is alot better than Illinois, I have been waiting for 18 months and you would think with everything I have I would of been approved by know!!

I finally had my lawyer file a dire need letter about 1 month ago, so I am praying to God I get approved soon! I desperately need that money! As I'm sure everyone knows how that goes. Anyways thats so good for you. Wish me luck.

Have a pain free day :)