I was denied !!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fmransom, Feb 3, 2006.

1. fmransom

fmransom New Member

Hello everyone, Yes I was denied SSD.
    I went to see SS Dr's and I thought it was a joke.
    I wonder why they even bother having us see their Dr's.
    I will appeal of course. Would you believe SS didn't even get all my medical records from all my Dr's but they made their decision. UGH...... sorry, but that ticks me off. I applied a couple times before but I was working then and I knew I wouldn't get it but Now its different I've been off work for 6 months. I have FM, major Depression, Ptsd, a bad back, and I've had 4 knee surgeries. (2 on each knee) and problems with my feet.
    Please remember me in your prayers. If you have any suggestions, I'm open for anything. Love ya !
    Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Katherine
  2. achyinarkansas

achyinarkansas New Member

Someone told me that SS will deny u a time or two to see if ur really serious about it. Deen denied twice?
    Hire a lawyer. Find one that works on the "if they don't win ur case, u don't pay them" If they win it for u. SS will take the lawyers fees out of ur retro pay and pay the lawyer for u.
    I got turned down twice. Hired a lawyer and got it. Took me a year and a half.
    Best wishes. God be with u.

Mandy
  3. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

I was turned down the first time, but I hired a lawyer and then was approved. The lawyer did nothing, he told me that they usually turn you down at first. He told me that it was usually when you went to court, that you would win.. I was glad I did not have to go before the judge... I was afraid that he would see me walking, and decide I wasn't disabled....

They really want you to back out, and I guess they weed out a lot , that way... Just do not give up, remember you are asking for your money.....

It is a shame, at how so many people get kick backs from the government..When the poor working class people, get where they cannot work, they should not be treated like a parasite... I worked over 20 yrs., and I doubt if I live long enough to draw it out.

I hope it works out for you, remember while you wait, that they will have to pay you, the back pay... I know it is not paying the bills, while you wait, though...
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sorry for your denial...it stinks i know...

you will prevail...get an attorney...

jodie
  5. sunshine54

sunshine54 New Member

I applied in April 2005. Had cervical fusion 8/2/05 and saw their doctor on 11/23/05 - what a joke! My Christmas present was a denial letter from SSD.

Since then I've had another cervical fusion and a plate put over the fusion on 11/29/05 and just had lumbar fusion surgery 0n 1/18/06.

I hired an attorney to do my reconsideration for appeal. It was filed on 1/12/06. I sick of doing the paperwork and I've been out of work since 10/04. So I don't mind my attorney getting 25% if he can help me win.

I still facing two surgeries both cervical. it's ironic my ex-husband brother who is an alcoholic and almost died in iCU from too much alcohol lived and received ssd on the first try. This system is NOT FAIR!
  6. brie

brie New Member

Get a stiff upper lip and dig your heels in for the fight. I got a lawyer from the beginning and they told me what would happen step by step. They denied me twice then they granted me disability Thank YOU GOD. It took About 2 years and lot of paperwork and a lot of doctor appts.That is the key to the hole thing is your doctors and how often you are seeing them ... things like that. These were told to me by my lawyers. So good luck ...DO NOT GIVE UP ...this is what they hope is to wear you out. Get a lawyer and prepare for the long haul.It will happen. Expect the first 2-3 denials ....that happens to just about everyone . Good luck
  7. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

I have been turned down the 1st time. The SS doctor and the psy.dr both told me not to give up if I was turned down but to immediatly reapply. I have a lawyers group working for me. Im blessed. I worked for city gov. and I got pension disability which means I got to keep my insurance and a small amount of money each mth that pays most of my co-pays. To keep it, they hire a goup to help you get SS. then they dont have to pay me as much when I get SS. I will keep all of you trying in my prayers. I pray most of the day and part of the night now, since I dont have much of a life anymore

Suzette
  8. Manina

Manina New Member

Hi, I was also denied, I contacted an Advocate and have my appeal in now.

The advocate had me go to the social security office and copy all of my files... I did and found out that the most important medical records of mine were missing in my files.

That is what she wanted me to find out! she said that most
    people that file and are denied never have all their medical records reveiwed by the social security doctors.

Sure burned my but that my records were not all there.

So I will be like a biting dog and not let go until I get mine!