I was diagnosed with FIBRO, but I don't have flares.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Densgirl, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Densgirl

Densgirl New Member

Hi All,

I have been suffering with this for 5 years, but was diagnosed with FIBRO this past summer. The thing is I don't have flares as discribed here. I hurt everyday. I feel good when I first get up (once I am actually moving around)and the pain starts coming on about 10:30 AM and intensifies as the day goes on. I hurt most from late afternoon until I go to sleep, which is early because I am so darn tired. I do think that I feel sonewhat better in the warmer months, but it is still there everyday. Does anyone else experience this daily pain?

Densgirl
  2. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

My pain symptoms are the same as yours. I hurt every day, though some days are worse than others. I don't consider those days a flare. I also feel better in the warmer months.

I've started keeping a daily pain diary and I've been rating my pain level everyday from 1-10. I also write down the meds I take and the food I eat, along with any extra exercise I get. I'm trying to find a pattern to see what I do that aggravates my condition, if anything. Thus far no luck!
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I have pain always. What I consider a flare for me is when I am so exhausted I can hardly move and the pain is so bad I can't walk without my cane.

I saw a definition of chronic pain:

"On the good days it is merely intolerable, on the bad days it sucks the life right out of you."

Those bad days are my flares.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  4. Densgirl

Densgirl New Member

Thanks for clarifying. Now I know that today I am actually having a flare. My pain is unusally bad and it is getting real cold outside (below zero). I see a connection.

Thanks for your replies.

Densgirl
  5. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I have some days..where I feel ok..and have enough energy to do the minimal things to keep the house running. Then every few weeks I get a day..two if I am lucky...that I can manage to do something extra, sometimes working on a project, sometimes a trip to the store ( once in a while even on my own!) The days I would say I am "flaring" are usually more painful, often with chills...or flu like symptoms. Sometimes I can flare for only one day..sometimes for a week at a time.
    For me it is good to hear of other people who have this endless ache day after day!
    Makes me feel a bit less alone and crazy!