I was going to a place today that I have been B4 and forgot

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Feb 1, 2006.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi Friends-

I was going to a place today that I had been many times and couldn't figure out how to get there. Of course I was late for my appointment. I told my husband and I just cried!! I don't know how much more I can take of this.

I am currently on IV for Lyme disease but I can not differentiate if the symptoms are coming from Lyme or CFID's. The Lyme doctors will say it's from Lyme disease and the CFID's doctors will say it is from the CFID's. If you have any insight or have had a similar experience let me know and what you have.
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am sorry that you have to go through this.....BUT SO GLAD that you posted it!!

I have been through this so many times....and like you just cried in frustration.

I was TOTALLY lost in an area that I had lived for 10 years!!! After driving in circles for an hour...I finally recognized a place... and made it to my sons house. By that time I was in tears and having tremors!!

I thought that I was all alone...but it is real and others experience it!!

I have told my docs...but they just look down an don't say anything....just ask me more questions (not pretaining to my question to them).

It makes me feel so alone. It has to be this illness.

You said that you have Lyme Disease. I have to ask my doc about this. They should know if I have it from the blood tests.

Well, I didn't help you...but at least you know that you are not alone!!

Mari
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I was that way a few years ago. I had my husband go with me to see my urologist and I was a day early. I just stood there and cried and I'm sure I embarrassed my husband.

Now, I keep notes on my bulletin board about appointments and a calendar on my computer.

As far as driving goes, I hate driving anymore. I will be going somewhere and suddenly wonder where I am supposed to be going, but I figure it out in the end.

When I was taking Ultram for a few days, I had a horrible time just going to the bank one day. I am now on Lortabs for pain.

I don't know if I have Lyme or not as I can't afford to be tested by the Igenex Labs for the Western Blot Test. My son is getting married in early April, and we just don't have any extra money for much of anything now.

Sorry you were late for your appointment and got upset. I know the feeling. I try to leave way early for appointments. I'd rather wait in the waiting room and that gives me plenty of time to deal with school buses and traffic.

My dad had what I think was FMS, so I do wonder if I have Lyme at all.

My late cat, Elliott, did get into a tick seed bed one time and brought them all home on his ears, etc. I had them crawling on my bedspread and kitchen counters the next day. He slept in the bed with us and I never knew he had the ticks until the next day. I had to use a magnifying glass to see them.

I do know that a neck injury I received over and over while exercising on an exercise step doing weight training and having my neck hanging off of it is what started FMS for me. I had constant headaches and eventually terrible neck pain and upper back pain and spells of lightheadedness that only lasted for a few seconds. So I feel my FMS was caused by trauma.

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Look, I recall your posts just before you went on the IV for the Lyme, and you had losy a lot of weight, right, are desaling wiht all this stress and pain with a DH who isn't so helpful, no wonder you forgot where you should have been. Your body probably lacks some vital nutrients right now. I think I mentioned before to see if you can get on Ensure or something to boost you up.

Be well and safe. How is the treatment helping so far.

Your friend, Anne
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Look, I recall your posts just before you went on the IV for the Lyme, and you had losy a lot of weight, right, are desaling wiht all this stress and pain with a DH who isn't so helpful, no wonder you forgot where you should have been. Your body probably lacks some vital nutrients right now. I think I mentioned before to see if you can get on Ensure or something to boost you up.

Be well and safe. How is the treatment helping so far.

Your friend, Anne