I was here for a while and now I am back

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gramma23, Nov 15, 2005.

1. gramma23

gramma23 New Member

I was wondering if any of you with fibromyalgia has little tumors on the nerves on the outside part of your thighs. I have these and have for a while. They are very tender even more tender than other parts of my body if that is possible. I have heard others with fibro say they have tumors but they were not sure about it as I am not sure they are tumors. I just call them that to get the point across. I do have a long hard places on my arm just below the elbow on only one arm and the doc said this was mucus hardening on my tendons but these things I feel on my thighs are lumps like marbles sort of. I now have one in one of my breasts which I am going to have seen about but it feels like the ones in my legs. Any info is helpful because I am not sure what to call them to the doc.

gramma23
  2. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

bumping for you -- you might want to change your title so if someone has these tumors, they'll see the title and answer you.

Sandy
  3. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I know you would not know that but I think they were talking about fiberous masses or something of that sort. I know it was not in the same places on their bodies but couldn't it be the same thing anyway?

Is there anyone out there that knows what I am rambling about?

Gramma we'll see if we can find ya some answers - I too would see if I could work them out but that is only because I can never leave anything alone:)

I'm glad to see you posting!

Kelly
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

How nice to have you back!

I am wondering if they aren't the Myofascial bumps also. I have them and they can set off pain.

There is info on the web, and probably quite a bit if you search on the board here.

Get them checked out...especially the breast one! I am a survivor of BC. Get in there girl!

Kim
  5. gramma23

gramma23 New Member

They hurt too much to massage. The one in my breast I have felt it some to see if it is growing and it is not. The more I touch it the more it hurts so I leave it alone most of the time. It can not be seen on a mamogram because I had that done and I go to the doc in Dec and I think he will have an ultra sound done. It is the money that I am afraid of I guess because things are so tight right now. We do have insurance but then we do have our part to pay.

The ones on my arm are elongated diagonal across the arm but these in my legs are lumps I guess is a good way to put it and only down the side of my legs like they are running down a pathway of some sort. I go back to my Rheumy also in Dec. and I will ask if this is part of fibro but I have been diag since 1991 and have had it way longer than that.

I went to a screening for Osteoporisis and I have Osteopenia which is the early stages of it. 5 years ago I had the bones of 20 year old and I was 53 now I have the bones of an 80 year old and I am 58. I think the meds and getting off HRT is why the change and I am wondering if this is also something to do with that because the bumps starting showing up more since I got off the HRT. I am sure I will have to have another test for that done. More money!

I will try to post so others will understand my question and maybe some will know.

Thank you