I WAS JUST ABOUT TO ASK THE SAME QUESTION

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CATLADY912, Feb 15, 2003.

1. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO ASK THE SAME QUESTION ABOUT CARBOHYDRATE/SWEET CRAVINGS, IT SEEMS THAT ALL OF A SUDDEN I HAVE DEVELOPED THE WORST SWEET CRAVINGS THAT I HAVE EVER HAD BEFORE. I HAVE GAINED 20LBS AND I CAN NOT AFFORD TO GAIN THIS WEIGHT BACK. I READ ON THE POST TO LEAVE SUGAR ALONE FOR A WEEK AND IT WILL GO AWAY. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY EXTRA SUGGESTIONS????I SAW SOMETHING ABOUT THE CARBOHYDRATE CRAVINGS IN A BOOK ON FIBRO I'M SKIMMING OVER RIGHT NOW, BUT IT DID NOT GO IN DETAIL AS TO HOW TO STOP IT. I TAKE ABOUT 3 400MCG OF CHROMIUM PICOLINATE TWICE A DAY AND I HAVE JUST BROUGHT MAGNESIUM WHICH IS 250MG TABLETS AND IT SAYS TO TAKE ONE TABLET A DAY WITH A MEAL, BUT I HAVE BEEN TAKING 2 TABLETS A DAY. DOES ANYONE TAKE MORE THAN THAT A DAY. I HAVE A FRIEND WITH FIBRO AND SHE SAID THE MAGNESIUM (ALLOT OF IT) UPSETS HER STOMACH AND GIVES HER DIARRHEA. I HAVE THE PROBLEM OF CONSTIPATION PROBABLY BECAUSE I TAKE PAIN PILLS. I USE TO HAVE THE IBS, NOW ITS THE OPPOSITE. I HAVE TO TAKE 2 OR 3 STOOL SOFTNERS ALONG WITH 2-3 DULCOLAX PILLS TO TAKE CARE OF THIS PROBLEM. SOMETIMES AFTER I TAKE THIS IT WILL REALLY WORK, THAN OTHER TIMES IT WON'T EVEN WORK. BUT RIGHT NOW I'M IN DIER NEED TO GET RID OF THIS SWEET CRAVINGS, ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY AND IT MAKES ME FEEL WORST. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO GET RID OF IT. I DID NOT HAVE THIS LAST YEAR. THIS STARTED NOT TO LONG AFTER CHRISTMAS AND HAS NOT SLOWED DOWN AND SINCE I'M BORDERLINE DIABETIC I HAVE TO WATCH MY INTAKE OF SWEETS. THE EXTRA WEIGHT LOOKS BETTER ON ME BUT I DON'T FEEL AS GOOD. PLEASE, PLEASE, ANY SUGGESTIONS OTHER THAN JUST LEAVING SUGAR ALONE FOR A WEEK????????. JANICE