I was just thinking about applying for Disability BUT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nice2meetu, Apr 2, 2006.

  1. nice2meetu

    nice2meetu New Member

    I checked online and I'd get about $600.00 a month. Now could someone explain how I would be able to LIVE on that?!

    Is the government nuts? BTW I have been self employed OVER 20 years! I paid SS Taxes.

    So I guess I will be working for a long time to come, even if I can hardly move some days.

    How do you all make it?
  2. chickabee

    chickabee New Member

    That is about how much I live on each month. It is very

    difficult. You have to change and give up a lot, to live on

    that amount, but it can be done. Keep a smile on my face and

    hope for a money tree in my garden.... :)
  3. kjfms

    kjfms Member

    ...I think about this when I am in a bad way. It sure doesn't pay much.

    I do know how difficult it is to try and live on about $600.00 per month. I have seen my mother do this for years.

    If I were to get it now mine would be about $760.00 so not much better.

    I do not have any advice for you but wish you the best.


    [This Message was Edited on 04/03/2006]
  4. deb06

    deb06 New Member

    If you do qualify for benefits- you can still earn up to $800 a month I was told, part time.

    I qualified at 38 yrs old and I get 953 per month and 466 per month until my daughter graduates high school- she is 15 now and my son is 16.

    If I could work part time I could earn up to 800 per month and still get benefits.

    I still could not live on this amount without the help of my husband. I don't know how anyone could live on 600 per month.

    Luv, Deb
  5. sfrazier

    sfrazier New Member

    Are you talking about SSD or SSDI. They are two different programs. SSD is where they find you disabled and you can get it. (good luck there LOL). For SSDI you not only have to be disabled but you have to meet a income guildline. You can qualify for both programs and at least in Iowa they both run about the same amount. I was told that if I was found disabled I would get both. You might call you SS office and check that out....SueF
  6. 69mach1

    69mach1 New Member

    or a roomate///

    those are my options...when my child support stops in a couple of years...

    i will need to move out of my apt..herer in california...

    either my son will have to help contribute to rent if he needds me to stay to help him out with apt...or he will need to get a student loan to help and live on his own...

    then i will have to move out of state....


[ advertisement ]