I was just wondering if

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by annl, Nov 29, 2002.

1. annl

annl New Member

there is any connection between having rheumatic fever as a child and now having fibromyalgia. If you know anything about this or if you have had rheumatic fever please reply.
    Thanks,
    MaryAnn
  2. annl

annl New Member

there is any connection between having rheumatic fever as a child and now having fibromyalgia. If you know anything about this or if you have had rheumatic fever please reply.
    Thanks,
    MaryAnn
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

i never had it but my mother did she almost died she was actually a poster child for a add from the american heart ass.in 1953 about it
    ive offten wondered if this had any connection ive heard from others that have had it or parents have had it,
    so youve ask a very good ?
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Had Rheumatic fever at age 14 1/2. Was dx'd with FMS at age 35. However, with what I know about FMS now, I feel I was born with it...can't prove that though.
    Klutzo
  5. annl

annl New Member

Thanks for your replies. I had rheumatic fever the same year as your mother Allhart. I was very ill - was in the hospital for 6 mpnths. Rheumatic fever causes rheumatoid arthiritis. I didn't have it as a child so, maybe it's causing pain to happen now. This disease stays in your system - I can't give blood because of it. So, there must be something there.