I was met by an angel this morning.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Nov 3, 2006.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Hi all,

I am on my lunch period and writing very quickly. When I was leaving my house this morning I noticed my steering wheel seemed very stiff. I have a new car (to me anyway) since my accident this summer and this is the first colder weather of driving it. I stopped in at a gas station a block away to get some coffee and this man came in and announced rather loudly, "who has the blue Honda"? Well, that question is never good news. I said that would be me. He said you have a flat tire. I looked outside and I couldn't believe my eyes. I can't believe I was able to drive even that short distance. Anyway this guy who was off to his first job of the day stayed with me for at least a half hour and even made a trip back to his house to get his jack because he couldn't get mine out of the trunk and of course I had left the owner's manual at home. I had a student who was coming before school to practice taps for our Veteran's Day Assembly and I knew I was going to be late for that. God gave me a real sense of peace and calm and I was so grateful for this angel in man's clothing that came to help me out. I just kept thinking that this could have happened going to my concert next week. Thank you Jesus. So there are good Samaritan's still left in this world. Unfortunately the guy was married!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a great day everyone.

PS Thanks you all for your prayers. This has been a difficult week but I am doing well in spite of it all.

Love,
    Nancy

2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I don't think I ever had an angel story, so thanks for sharing yours. Praise for people who are still willing to get involved and help. I live in NY state and think most would drive past an accident scene.

I had an accident happen several cars in front of me on a high speed road. Cars were pulling over. I figured the best thing I could do would be to get out of the way as I am not a medical person, and I would panic at seeing ?

Have to assume you had a trumpet player for TAPS. My grandson has started trumpet, fourth grade. My husband and I are both music teachers and my children were blessed to be easily musically talented. When my son started trumpet I don't ever recall him being a beginner. He was quite like the duck to water.

Grandson....... let's just say the musical genes are well diluted by my son in law.

Blessings and thanksgiving to the man who helped.
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

Why are the good ones always married? lol.Did he look like Andrew from Touched by an Angel?lol. Isn't it neat how God intervenes when we aren't even aware of it. I love hearing stuff like that.
    Cath
  4. dejovu

dejovu New Member

I do believe in Angel's Unaware ( Dale Evan's word's not mine)

That walk this planet and we have no idea. Every time I see something, that should have different results... I am not suspect but convinced of that truth.

I have seen it to many times to deny that fact. They are here among us everyday.

So glad you had this encounter. How life would have been altered if you had a blow-out, or a loss of brakes...Those angels God dispences to gaurd us, just seem to fade into the back ground.

But without them, all those close calls we have could have been life altering.

How does it feel to meet an angel today? I'll be saying prayers of thanks for you and this Angel Unaware.

Blessings, De
  5. dejovu

dejovu New Member

It is always so special to hear from you. You bless my heart, everytime i read your posts.

I always pray all is well for you. Also for God to deal with all that is not.

Sweet one, you are very special to me and others, I'm sure.

Thankyou for being here. Blessings De
  6. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Thanks for sharing those amazing stories. God is so good. When I have more time I have a very scary angel story that happened to me a couple of years ago. I will share when I have a little more time. Today is going out and finding an outfit for my concert this Wed.

By the way, I have been praying every morning for your cig ad. I have been praying that the smell and taste will become so repulsive to you that you will be able to stop. Any progress in that direction yet? I will keep praying.
    It is good to talk to you. I don't know if we have ever officially met, but I am Nancy and it is good to talk to you. Have a great weekend.

Love,
    Nancy
  7. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

You crack me up with the musical genes. Our Veteran's Day assembly is not until Wed of this week so my taps player will be fine. I was just late to school for this boy by only five minutes and I had plenty of time to go over it with him. He is a little and I do mean little ADHD boy and music is his thing. He is so cute. I have a trombone player playing the Star Spangled Banner. I wish you could hear him. He plays like a little adult. Today is devoted to finding something to wear for the concert. See ya.

Love,
    Nancy
  8. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

He didn't look like Andrew but he WAS cute with his little wool cap on. Maybe he has a twin brother, single that is. I can always dream can't I. How are you feeling? I am still praying for you. I hope you doing alright. That has to be so maddening. I will keep praying for sure.

Love,
    Nancy
  9. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

It felt great and I was a little giddy teaching my first few classes. It is good to see more of your posts around. How are you feeling? I am still praying for you and I hope the worst is over for you. Take care and I hope you can have a good weekend.

Love,
    Nancy
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so glad that you were helped by an angel disguised as a (married - boo!) man!

I'm looking forward to your other story when you have more time. Hope you found a nice outfit for the band concert.

I was thinking of you Thursday night. My DH did the audio for part of a concert and he really wanted me to go. I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck and "knew" that there was no way I could go. My DH hasn't had much to be proud of in the past 4 yrs and I really wanted to be there for him because he was going to be acknowledged on the program and by the singing group.

I rested all day and prayed for strength. My prayers were answered and unbelievably I was able to get dressed and go and enjoy that concert. I was very proud of my DH. People he had worked with over the years were singing his praises and he said that he felt alive for the first time in ages. This man needs to work!

There were Juno award winning musicians playing as part of the concert. (Junos are like the Canadian version of the Grammy so this is a big deal.) As the musicians played their solos on one instrument after another, I kept asking my DH if it was a clarinet. When he finally asked me why I was so interested in clarinets, I told him about you. Then he had to ask why I didn't even know what one looked like! Good question. But now I know.

I am still praying for you and hope that the practices are going well.

(((HUGS)))Pepper

11. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am so glad you know what a clarinet looks like now!!!! I am so glad you were able to be there for your hubby. God is really answering prayers in His own way and His own time. What does your hubby do. You mentioned running the audio. Is that the kind of work he does or was that just something extra that he does. Sounded interesting. I am so glad he is able to do something to boost his self confidence. That is so great. Was their a clarinet soloist? Are you familiar with the Canadian Brass? They are very popular in the States and I am assuming they are from Canada. Well duh! They are a brass quintet who plays amazing classical music but they are hilarious and not your usual serious musicians. I really enjoy watching them. I did find an outfit. Finding outfits for concerts is NOT my most favorite thing to do. For me it is much different than buying a nice outfit. I am on display and every one can see me on an elevated podium no less. LOL. It is a scary thought because I know what I looked like in the dressing room. There is no hiding in front of that audience. Now I am scarying myself. If it wasn't for the fact that I have to lose 20lbs by Wednesday I wouldn't be so nervous. Ha. Know that I am still prayin,prayin, prayin.

Love
    Nancy
  12. pepper

pepper New Member

Not only do I know what a clarinet looks like, I also know what one sounds like! It is beautiful. The clarinet was not played as a solo but it was played alone during one of the songs. As a bridge perhaps? Maybe that isn't the right word.

My hubby was a technical producer for radio. The last 20 years he did national news and was hoping to work in politics in some way since it is his passion. We will wait and see if that comes to be.

In his early years, he worked on classical radio programs and played a lot of Canadian Brass. He also met the guys when they came into the studio for an interview. Yes, they are Canadian! And very talented and funny too.

For this show on Thursday night, he edited interviews with many women down into brief clips that were played during the performance. The show was called "Girl Talk". The clips discussed the many aspects of being a woman and how important girlfriends are to women. The singers introduced the idea in each of the clips, the clip played and then they sung a song that tied in neatly with what was said on the clip. It was cleverly done.

On the program they called my DH a "sound magician" so he was quite pleased!

God is answering our prayers, Nancy. Two months ago, my DH was adamant that he wasn't going to work again. I understand that he was discouraged from not hearing back from anyone after putting in so many applications, his sister was dying and his brother was dx with cancer. He is now trying hard and investigating the idea of extending his skills into video which would open doors to him. It is not what he wanted to do, but he may do it.

Then on Thursday night (Prayer Night!) while we were out, there was a phone call inviting him to a training session yesterday to do something entirely different. He went and is thinking about doing it. It may be an answer to our problems.

It is not what either of us really wanted, but it may be what God has in mind for us. And that is okay as long as it pays the bills. I think I am finally learning to surrender to His Will.

My DH is actually keen on doing this since he feels that he would be helping people. That is his main concern now that he is in his 50's. He wants to contribute and this may be a way to do that.

I am glad you found an outfit but I can only imagine how you feel about being up on a podium - with your back to the audience I suppose? Losing 20 lb by Wed. might be a bit optimistic but I can so relate! I am sure that you will look lovely and that all your hard work will pay off. Just remember that all the parents will be concentrating on their own kid and probably nothing much else. Been there! Will there be an audience besides the parents and staff?

Thank you for prayin', prayin', prayin'. I am doing the same for you.

Is the headache still gone?
    Praying for the strength to get you through this week.

(((HUGS)))Pepper

[This Message was Edited on 11/05/2006]
  13. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am going to make this very short as I am not feeling well at all. I went to Sunday school and church and during church I could feel the headache starting in again. I went out for breakfast after church and as soon as I put in my order I got really sick. I didn't know if I was going to pass out or have to run to the bathroom I was so nauseated. My head just kept getting worse and worse. I was in one of those situations where I wasn't sure how I was going to get out of it. I jutted my jaw forward and there was a huge pop. My jaw was definitely was out of place so that probably was contributing to the headache. Yesterday I had a short period of really bad stomach pains. Please pray that I don't get down sick. I am heading for my recliner now and hopefully I can feel better. I ended up packing up my quiche and fruit and heading home. I am so glad to hear how your hubby is doing so much better. Can you just believe it. That is how good God is. Trusting is the answer and sometimes that is so easy and many times it just seems so hard. I will touch base with you later. I need to lay down. Take care and thanks for your prayers. They are definitely getting me through this rough time.

Love,
    Nancy
  14. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so sorry that you are feeling so badly and am praying for you right now.

I am glad that I checked in because I will just stop everything and pray that you do not come down with a nasty bug and that you get rid of the headache and whatever else is keeping you down today.

Prayin'

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  15. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I appreciate your prayers so much. I am going to bed now. I was able to do all the stuff I had to do. A few hours ago it seemed like trying to climb Mt. Everest but I got it all done with the Lord helping me every step of the way. I sure hope I can wake up tomorrow and be over this headache. My nausea is better. Thanks again for your prayers.

Love,
    Nancy