I was right!!!!! and the jerk Dr. was wrong!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tiredTina, May 9, 2003.

1. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

I just got my thyroid panel blood test results, and yes friends I DO HAVE A THYROID PROBLEM!!!! I have hypothyroid just like I thought. See a psychiatrist, my A**!!! I also have some positive test showing severe inflammation throughout my body, but don't know what from. It's not lupus, that came back normal... is it the fibro??? Anyway, in his face! I have never been so excited to find out I need medication! I just had to share this with you all, and to thank you for all your support!
    ~Tina~
  2. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

I know what you mean, any kind of serious validation does us good even when it comes to finding out you have to take more meds. I am so glad that you found out what you expected and now can get on the meds and start feeling better. Way to go!!!Thanks for sharing your victory.
    love Rebel
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I'm glad that your tests proved to your doc that something is going on. Sometimes there are alot of false negative tests w/fms and you have to deal with the doc that doesn't realize that the labs can be off & the patient WITH symptoms has something going on. dolsgirl
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

That is great! I sure hope all your symptoms are thyoid, and not the FM! Wouldn't that be great?????????

Good luck lady.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. layinglow

layinglow New Member

If you are showing severe inflammation in the body---you need to explore further. Fibro is not an inflammatory condition. Many have co-existing conditions with fibro that are inflammatory.

LL
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

But since I had symptoms of hypothyroidism, my doc put me on Synthroid. It has helped tremendously but has not cured me. Let's hope that when your medication kicks in, it will be the answer for you.

Love, Mikie
  7. lynnkat

lynnkat New Member

Isn't it odd how we feel excitement when the docs actually find something wrong with us? It is really sad that a large part of the medical community thinks that we (fibro people) are lazy or mental. I hope that when he read the results from the blood work the smirky look that I have encountered many times from docs just fell off his face!!

Hope the thyroid meds will help you feel better. I'm so happy for you that this has given you a reason to feel better about yourself cause I know how smug docs can affect a person.

(((HUGS))) lynnkat
  8. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

as to what causes inflammation in the body. Does anyone have any clues?? Is it a rheumatory thing? That's all I can think of. Has anyone else had that? Is it dangerous to have inflammation in the body? He told me that he would have to monitor it, but that there was nothing to do for it or about it. Is that true, or is he just being cynical and lazy?
    He gave me Levoxyl, which he said was like the generic for synthroid. I hope it helps!! Has anyone ever had any major side effects that I should be concerned about? Thanks for listening to my many questions....and I appreciate all your many answers!
    ~Tina~

9. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

I now what you mean when you have been ill and just want some answers and no one is listening it is so annoying and now you have proof that the doctor was wrong it just gives me a large smile to think they are wrong and you were right good luck with your meds
    ((((((((((((((big Hugs )))))))))))))))
    Loopyloo xx
  10. emttoni

emttoni New Member

Good for you! Am so happy when someone else can say I told you so to their dr. I had to self dx myself with thyroid, depression, gall bladder, pcos, cfs, fms and then convince the drs. I had them. I spent more time and energy on this than it was worth! But it sure felt good when I got to say I was right. The one dr. told me I didnt have pcos because I didnt have the classic symptoms, and she could tell just by looking at me. I finally convinced her to send me to an endocrinologist and I did indeed have it and got to go back and tell her and then made her test my 12 year old daughter! She did this with out blinking! And both of her daughters have pcos, but I didnt because I didnt look like i had it! GGRRRRRR!!!!! WHen you finally get these dx it is like the world has been lifted off your shoulders and you say "YES!!" but then its a bummer too because now you have to take more meds, but oh well, cant have everything! lol
    Gentle hugs ~ Toni
  11. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

wow! You have a lot going on with you! I may be dumb...but what is pcos? I have never seen that or heard of it, and you've peaked my interest. I hope all is well for you and your family. Thank you for your support and understanding! I don't know how I'd get through all this without all you here to vent to, get support, and advice. Not to mention the fact that I learn so much every day through posts and replies like this! So, I would appreciate the info on pcos!!!
    ~Tina~
  12. emttoni

emttoni New Member

Hi Tina! It stands for poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Its another one of these maladies that can take forever to be dx with. It causes infertility, obesity, hair growth in unwanted places, hair loss in wanted places, acne, cysts, and so many other things - every woman is different, yet every woman is the same. Sort of like fm & cfs I believe! You can do a search with just pcos and find all the info you want on it. I found more than I wanted to find but it all helped. On the thyroid meds the drs. usually start you on a low dose and work up to a therapeutic level. There usually are no symptoms from the thyroid meds unless you forget them for a long time and then you can get some pretty severe constipation from it. (speaking from experience here)! Gentle hugs to you ~ Toni
    [This Message was Edited on 05/10/2003]
  13. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

I want to do some more research on pcos, because it sounds like my sis-in-law may have that. See, we learn something new everyday, and a lot from this board! Thanks again, have a great day!
    ~Tina~