I was so cold

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kryssie, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

Fri I went into flare (Sold my home-filed for divorce on fri)
    Hurt all night and part of the next day, then I got really really cold shivering.. it was also over 70 degrees outside...I covered up and slept for 3 hours then I was fine. When I got up my pain was manageable and I wasnt cold anymore. My body temp dropped? What happened, anyone know?
  2. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

I have a low body temp anyway. 96.2 instead of 98.6 like normal people, so when I have a temp, it is really alot higher than the thermometer says. I get cold everday after lunch so I have to nap with socks on. I also get cold in the evenings after supper. I dont think I have a temperature at those times but I have to bundle up. It lasts about 2 hrs and then Im fine again.

Suzette
  3. mujuer

mujuer New Member

and that would be a natural reaction to what you went thru that day. Sometimes when your in shock or just traumatized you can get the shakes and shiver as if you were freezing to death. Glad your better. Hang in there and take care.
  4. Didoe

Didoe New Member

hey Krissie

Chills hit me early and hard. I still take scalding showers every couple of hours during a flare to normalize my internal temperature.

Its has to be the FM, other people stress out and dont get chills like this. I've taken my temp and it reads either normal or below normal but the chills are so bad no amount of clothes or blankets help.