i went to ymca for the first time in a long time

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Feb 11, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i know i wrote an earlier post...but i did manage to go to the gym and only do 20 minutes of walking...killed my left foot, feels like i dropped something on the big toe and the nerves are flared up...burning pain...

then it was off to do some leg work... i had no strength but i did something..then off to the sauna room..i have read it is good for detoxing..but i feel like swell up and i do...then it was off to my car feeling like old old lady but only 41 years old..i felt very overweight...which am overweight, i did lose some weight recently..but i am not 110-115 ;lbs anymore..heck i will take 130 lbs w/lbs of breast implanst...true story on the implants ... i don't mind sharing...

but i guess i weigh 155 lbs at evening time and the implants total..i have a atheltetic figure..but the ad's have done a nice number on me...the shingles last year on my hinney and all of the physical issues...feet problems read the bio...

so i was crying and feeling really awful about myself...and i did see some women w/much worse figures than i, but i had my ex-hubby tell me 3 weeks ago how he said i needed to get fit again...then i questioned him on that last sunday and he said i took everything out of context...he worries that i need to be here for cody...and he would'nt know what to do if i die...well, yes he still looks good for a man his age...but he has the high bp and more than likely bleeding ulcer(s)...

oh well, i guess i wanted to let everyone know i made it to the gym for the first time in many many months..about 6 months i think...but that was only a day or so..

i hope i do not have a major flare up w/back like i did last time...

thanks for being a friend and taking your time reading...

jodie
    [This Message was Edited on 02/12/2006]
  2. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

They just built a new YMCA in our town and I am seriously thinking on going. I use to exercise daily before I got fibro and need to drop about 25 to 30 lbs. I think it would make me feel better.

I hope you are doing o.k. and good for you!

Lindy
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and also for some people that are financially strapped...the ymca has a scholarship program...apply i pay almost 25.00 amonth for my son and i unlimited amount of usuage....

i am sore today not too bad..my toe and left feel alittle better...it has bone spurs and the big toe joint doesn't bend when it and where it is supposed to and the nervesa re inflamed dot to that and my back and the fibro...

i may get brave try the pool...

jodie
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

what does your ex-husband know about anything and why should you care.

I am now 160lbs and I was 112lbs when I became ill end of 94. Many people with our illnesses gain weight.

I hope you benefit from the gym and that you are able to go back again, but dont overdo it. If you do have a major flare up then maybe the gym isnt the place for you anmore and you'd be better with more gentle exercise.

Take care.

love
    Rosie
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

than you for your reply...

trust me i know to try and keep it a slower pace...but just plain old walking is very bothersome...last week friday i had kaiser chroni pain class call me and said i had to walk 30 minutes for 4 days a week, then go do exercises...try to get my body recondonditioned.....the kicker was they said it was mandatory that i must have a sponser that shows up for 4 days a week for 10 weeks between 3:30 and 4:30 pm...i said htere is no way i can have a sponsor...all my family is in michigan, then my son who is 16 has school and sports...then there is my ex hubby down about 80 miles away at work...i said there is no way i can have anyone there....she said it was mandatory for me to hava sponsor or else i can not go...

i said well then i will have to do what i can on my own....

i need to check into different medi-care insurance...it's on my to do list...i have hmo kaiser right now and i have not been particulary happy aou them..

so i am not doing this for the ex...i think he just wants me not to die and leave him a 16 year old to have to take care for a few years...

a doing this for me and me only..i used t love working out but i have had a few years of bad luck....

thank you for pulling for me...

jodie
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

thank yo to you all for your support...

and maybe i will try the pool...shoot maybe i may meet my night in shining armour..

jodie

[ advertisement ]