I wish I could stop the stressors

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Seagull, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Seagull

Seagull New Member

I had some shocking news yesterday and thought I was dealing with it in a pretty calm fashion, but today I could hardly get myself out of bed! I was exhausted and could barely drag myself through the details I needed to handle concerning that news. At least I was able to complete what I think will resolve the problem, so hopefully will sleep better tonight (with the help of my ZMA, that is). I still cannot believe how much of an effect sudden stress and strong emotions can have on us with these DDs.
  2. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I firmly believe FMS et al. involves the endocrine system and the neurons (verified!). Stress drains what little adrenalin we have and if we have stress after stress pretty soon our cup is empty and we are "down" until our endocrine system fills our already half-empty cup.

That is a very simplified statement but I have found when I tell friends and family they can understand that....Just having this condition is a stress! Nothing is left untouched. CactusLil'
  3. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

...can be powerful! I'm dealing with something now, and I have so many new pains & symptoms,I swore I had Hyperthyroidism! I even went to my Dr. and had blood drawn, I thought I was dying the whole weekend I had to wait for the results! It was Negative...turns out: I have had a candiditis infection that has run wild, causing me to lose 21 lbs.in two months, without trying, shaking all over all the time, no or little sleep, and a 'hundred' other symptoms,that were driving me NUTS!...It was the STRESS FACTOR...the fight or flight action our nerves and muscles can't handle. It affects our bodies like it does NOT affect someone WITHOUT FMSetc.........I pray your problem is resolved now, and you will sleep tonight. "Stress and Srong Emotions" Must be dealt with by us 'FM-ers' powerfully, and with resolve, -(and prayer),And He will see us through! Fibromiester
  4. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I hate going through what you are. it seems to make this DD so much worse and it is as if you have no coping skills at all.
    Just wanted you to know your not alone.
    Take care.
    Joannie
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I know exactly how you feel. I can go from feeling great, to getting pains in a matter of half an hour if I am stressed too much. Its amazing how that pain can just 'show up' in such short order!

I think Lil explained it well too.

Take care, and I do hope you got some good sound sleep, that always helps, and don't forget to use some heat too, it calms the 'beast' in us, I think!

Shalom, Shirl
  6. susabar

susabar New Member

I think I realized ( just by totally crashing and burning)
    and having time off from work, that if there is no stress available, I will somehow create my own. ( unreasonable demands of myself) and such... I think my personality or the fact that I am neurotic does me a disservice.
    Good LucK !!
  7. Mom3

Mom3 New Member

Hi, i can totally relate to what you are going thru. I myself am going thru a stressful time and my pain symtoms just burst out, and my body feels so weak. And sometimes it's stress just stress that any normal person can handle, but for us with this DD we react to it on a different level.Mom3

[ advertisement ]