I wish that they would make Camps Spas for CFS patients

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alangan1, Jul 8, 2008.

1. alangan1

alangan1 New Member

This could be a huge market for somebody. I would love to take a Spa vacation, however how much more would I like to go to one developed just for patients with CFS and all it's buddies. This would include special dietary meals, beds with oodles of mattress padding, warm therapy pools, support groups, massages,no chemicals being sprayed all over etc. Oh I can go on and on. Seriously,why havent I heard of anything like this, is there one out there, am I living under a rock??I need to win the lotto, so i can build the spa!!!
  2. binxi

binxi New Member

theres a 4 week course in melbourne, australia. its in a hotel and they do get, hydrotherapy, yoga, tai chi etc. all meals and stuff provided- i believe they get very good results. its $7000au which is alot to come up with but when i think about what i'm losing by not working it might be worth it if i get desperate. would have to fly over from the other side of the country
  3. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

I've booked in to go on a detox spa in Spain for a week in September. I don't know if you have ever seen 'the spa of embarassing illnesses' but it's by the same people and includes:

mineral broths, coffee enemas, yoga, evening talks, they have a whole bunch of holistic practitioners and can do blood sampling etc before and after.

Their site is:

I'll post about it when I get back in September and let everyone know if it helped. I'm spending 2 weeks with my family first as they live in Spain.

I have just heard about another 5 star medical centre in US which focuses on many things:

www.sanoviv.com - this one however is much more expensive & in my opinion, I'm not sure if they really understand fibro as they refer to it as a type of degenerative arthritis. They also have dentists there I believe who will take your mercury fillings out safely.

I would also love to go to a place specially for CFS patients and would be great if we could all go at the same time!!! Perhaps those on the road to recovery should all get together and make one - we'd also make a fortune if we could get everyone better!

4. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

My son has been talking about this since he was 11. He is now 18 and very entrepreneural (he is the President of the Entrepreneurship Club at the community college).

He wants to provide all of that for us including juicing, massage, the Gerson therapy, coffee enemas, hydrotherapy, FIR sauna.

Nice thought, isn't it. Even better, is a living complex where you stay for 1 - 2 years, like the assisted living complexes for the elderly.

5. znewby

znewby Member

Now that's what I call a centre of excellence. Research facilities could be one of the wings at this facility...
    [This Message was Edited on 07/09/2008]
  6. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

That's a great idea! It would be nice to have supportive places that you could go for kind of a health vacation that could cater to our specific needs. I'd sign up! :)
  7. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I have been wishing that, too!

And the place would need to be absolutely free of toxic mold!