I woke up one day in July and could barely walk...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bellesmom, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

Have any of you ever had this happen? Since being diagnosed with fibromyalgia in the fall of 2000 I was having increased problems with right leg, foot to hip but when I woke up one day and could barely walk I got scared more than in all the 2 years of this experience.

My PCP just told me maybe I have a spur on foot or maybe it's my fibromyalgia. He really didn't care that I could barely move.

I have considered getting a cane but don't want to give in. Does that sound weird? I just didn't expect to have problems in my feet as well as all other parts of body. This syndrome is all so very unexpected.

I just sit here and read some of the things you all are going thru and it makes me mad that we can't figure out a way to fix us!!

Limping along...

Pam
  2. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

Have any of you ever had this happen? Since being diagnosed with fibromyalgia in the fall of 2000 I was having increased problems with right leg, foot to hip but when I woke up one day and could barely walk I got scared more than in all the 2 years of this experience.

My PCP just told me maybe I have a spur on foot or maybe it's my fibromyalgia. He really didn't care that I could barely move.

I have considered getting a cane but don't want to give in. Does that sound weird? I just didn't expect to have problems in my feet as well as all other parts of body. This syndrome is all so very unexpected.

I just sit here and read some of the things you all are going thru and it makes me mad that we can't figure out a way to fix us!!

Limping along...

Pam
  3. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

You didn't explain *why* you could barely walk --was it leg weakness, pain in the feet..? If it was pain in the feet, whereabouts in the feet? Some folks on this board have complained of plantar fasciitis as part of their fibro.
    All I can say is that I've recently had problems with painful feet -- alternately feels like the tops of my feet are severely bruised, sometimes feels like the arch of my foot is broken in half, and sometimes it feels like a cramping sensation beneath the toes -- it all comes and goes but can be very painful. My dx right now is fibromyalgia, so I guess in the absence of any explanation, that's the cause..! I notice from one of your other posts that you also suffer from dizziness, so perhaps our FM is quite similar..?
    Hope you find relief soon.
    --Marcus
  4. JP

JP New Member

Hi Pam,

I have this every morning...for me, it is my spine disease...perhaps the FM adds to the mix. Elavil and Vioxx have helped me a great deal with my morning difficulties...along with ice and heat thearpy, hot tub, epsom salt baths, increasing water intake...and the list continues. I am someone who needs to keep my body moving to avoid the freeze. When it is extreme, I will take steroids to shrink the discs away from my spinal nerves. It may help you if you know the source of this difficulty. An MRI can rule out your spine as a cause of this difficulty. I do hope you find some relief soon. Leg pain is very disturbing.

Take care, Jan