I won at my SSDI hearing today....:)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debra49659, May 19, 2009.

1. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Just a short note to thank everyone for the prayers and the warm wishes! You are all the best. Nighty, night.

2. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

Big congrats! I got mine last Dec. after being turned down twice and hiring an attorney. He was able to get it for me without a hearing. What a relief, huh?
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

You were with Allsup right? or am i confused, imagine that me being confused.
    I am so happy for you!!

Take care
  4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Its is such a huge relief...but I think I am still in shock:) BDT...it took about 2 /2 years, actually a little less from the date of filing to yesterdays hearing. I was turned down once...when I filed initially. It seems little forever but I know my case was handled in a timely manner considering some here have waiting 4 years or longer.

Caledonia...The judge was so considerate and kind, he tried to make it hearing as stress free as possible, everyone did really. I was able to get up and move around when I needed so my hip didn't freeze up. My attorney was great!! Anyone in Michigan I would recommend them in a heartbeat. Remember that Allsup dropped me!! See Hensue...you weren't entirely confused:)

If I understood the judge I won with the chronic pain (Fibromyalgia)...but I also had listed IBS, Depression, Carpel Tunnel and CFS/ME. We didn't discuss those aspect of my case.

Once the vocational expect said I wouldn't be able to work even a seditary (sp) job, that there would be no jobs available for me...I think I won.

I really can't believe it still...Thank God, thanks to all of you. OH...I forgot to tell you, I was so composed until he said we are going to pay you claim. I must of sat then for a solid 10 seconds, it seemed like forever, I said "what???". He said again that we are going to pay your claim, you are approved. I started to cry like a baby...then stopped immediately because I was afraid I was going to miss something...lol!

5. hatbox121

hatbox121 New Member

Hey! Congratulations!!!!!!!! I'm in the process of the appeal stage. Going to the ALJ whenever they get around to it. I'm so glad that you finally got yours!!!!!!
  6. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Allsup wasn't getting all my paperwork filed....long story short, pertinent information that the case manager needed didn't get to him and he didn't think he had enough information to win my case and he dropped me as a client.

I was so upset thinking I didn't have a good case...fortunately I contacted a local attorney and she reviewed all my information and said that I had plenty of good information.

The case manager didn't have all the information needed to make a decision to drop me and I almost dropped the whole thing.

Needless to say....I think Allsup is a people mill moving client in and out of the door. Making poor decisions.

Now...many, many people have had good results with Allsup, so perhaps what happened to me was an isolated event but I like to worn those who ask what happened to me so they know to contact an attorney if they have problems with Allsup.
  7. jmq

jmq New Member

Woot Woot! I am doing an imaginary happy dance for you! I would do a real one if I could!!!

I can imagine the relief you must finally feel. I am with Allsup in Florida...waiting for a hearing date...so I am really nervous.

Thanks for sharing your news and experience!