I WON!!! I WON!!! I WON!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lagm31, Sep 9, 2004.

1. lagm31

lagm31 New Member

As I sit here and write this I am having a real GOOD CRY...
    I can't believe it I FINALLY WON. It took 5 years and many denials and getting a new Dr. and a Counselor and a Psych.

I did it by myself and I was not going to give up no matter what...SO PLEASE EVERYONE NEVER GIVE UP...

I got my letter last week that said Medically I was Disabled but they had to make a decision about the non-medical part. Well today I called the District Office and they made the FINAL DECISION...I was APPROVED...She told me how much I would get and the back pay and when it would be direct deposited...

I am so happy I can not stop Crying and the 1st person I shared the Wonderful news with was Husband. Thank you God for giving me that very Special Man, who never gave up on me...lagm

2. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

That is always good news when someone writes that they got their Disablility, which is due them.

Good work on Your Part too, you must have been very Diligent and up to the challlenge, I had a great Lawyer, thank goodness, because I won on the First hearing also.
    Been 5 years now, and I have to do a Review now and then, but they aren't that hard, I'm not getting better, so there's no reason to change anything.

I hope that this will make your Life a little less Stressful, knowing that you still have Something of your Own. Gives you a good feeling, even if it is for being in a Lousy Situation, it's still Something.

Hug's, & LOL
    sharonk
  3. dreamer6200

dreamer6200 New Member

I am so happy for you. Its great to hear when those of us Win there case. Though it takes some of us many years, the key is to never give up. Keep fighting for it!!

I have been fighting now over 4 years, with many denials, I also had lawyer.But I'm still fighting and continue too.

If you dont mind my asking was this for SSDI or SSI ? Did you have to go the hearing in front of ALJ too?

"CONGRATS" take care and enjoy!!
    ((hugs)) dreamer6200

4. lagm31

lagm31 New Member

Many Thanks from the Bottom of my heart for those that answered my posting...

And to Dreamer6200 I got SSDI...Again Many thanks to each one of you...lagm
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Congratulations for hanging in there and winning. Yea!!!

Love, Mikie
  6. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

CONGRATULATIONS! Oh the sweet taste of victory. Good for you for not giving up the fight. Time to celebrate:)
  7. basethound

basethound New Member

lagm, I'm so happy you won and did it by yourself it just proves, sometimes it takes a good fight when you deserve to win, I agree with what was said look back and see what you have learned or grown since filing for ss, I know I will never take life for granted or the little things, even though we go thru so much, I too have one of those wonderful hubbies, we need to buy them something nice, and you need to buy something for you too, I had to pay mine back to the ltd co $11,444. and won within a yr, so my daughter gave us some of her money and we bought a romba so I could quit stressing over the rugs and we bought a new memory foam topper,(we both love it) I decided them, I was going to buy only what I really needed , and for those who are waiting your time will come, big hugs to all, Barb
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2004]
  8. Didders

Didders New Member

Good for you! I got mine about 2 years ago after many denials and am always so grateful when I get my check. Couple of things...You will most likely have a tax bill on all the back pay you'll get in the lump sum. Prepare for that.

ALSO...if you pay life insurance premiums, there's a little known clause in many policies that says if you become disabled, you won't have to pay premiums. You'll have to submit some of the same paperwork you did for SSDI but they give a lot of weight to the "Approved" SSDI ruling. So get out that policy, stash some of the check for taxes, and pat yourself on the back.

My motto is "I NEVER GO AWAY" until I get what I want. Good for you for not giving up! Cinda
  9. petsrme

petsrme Member

That is so wonderful!!!
  10. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

It certainly is a long haul and kudos for hanging in there and FIGHTING for what is rightfully yours.

A victory for one, is a victory for all of us.

Debi
  11. violarose1

violarose1 New Member

i am so happy for you!!!!!
  12. deb06

deb06 New Member

I am very happy for you. However, I do want to quit because it is killing me emotionally and physically. Got some other horrible news regarding my case yesterday. And I can't handle it. It has been 3 and a half years of people calling me a liar. I am appealing one case and filing another and I can't go on- I can't continue putting myself thru this for nothing
  13. deb06

deb06 New Member

I was just reading thru old posts and ran across this one. I was so jealous of you on this day that I could barely go on this site anymore and read posts like yours-knowing I would never win and would probably die trying. Your post stuck with me and I did not give up. AND I did WIN!! Read my recent post history......

You were right about everything. Very right.... Thank You, and every- listen to the advice- and never quit fighting for disability. Deb
  14. deb06

deb06 New Member

Regarding this old post- I have a question? What is the Medical disability you are refering to- vs. the non-medical disability benefits in question? Thanks, deb
  15. medic2006

medic2006 New Member

And thank you for fighting the good fight and making inroads for all of us.
  16. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I'm so happy for you and your husband :)
  17. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I needed to get that darn eyelash out of my eye anyway (tears help) Man, we deserve this stuff and it just about kills me when I know of others who are doing it illegally!!! YAY another one for the good guys!!!
  18. Bambi

Bambi New Member

to get Disability yet, but my husband would surely qualify on his own. What I am very curious to know is HOW do you survive for four or five years while you fight and wait? I've read what you can't get in way of help, no working allowed..so how do you do it?
  19. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

I am so happy for you! everyone who wins gives me hope. 2 yrs ago, i knew nothing on fm. Ive been turned down the 1st time. Waiting to hear from the next. I have a wonderful co. working for me that has a 96%success rate. Cant wait until I can put out the I won message too
  20. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

So happy for you!!!

You stuck with it...Good for you!!

(((Hugs)))
    ~Bluerose~