I WON,I WON,I WON

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzette1954, Sep 15, 2006.

1. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

I havent posted on here for months. I was sooo down that I just couldnt come to the board.

I found out this morning that I won my Social Security Disability. I was crying sooo hard, I could barely talk. I won on the Fibromyalgia. There is hope people. Dont give up.

Please praise God with me I had just about given up. My last day of work was Oct 28, 2004. So it didnt take 5-10 yrs like we have seen some here. I worked for my metro govt and was already receiving pension disability but over half of it went toward the 300.00 of meds each month. they have a co that works for them to work on getting SSD for pension disiblity employees so I never had to hire a lawyer.

Im too excited to write more now but never give up!!

Suzette
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I also won on Fibromyalgia with no lawyer in 6 Months,Did you have a lot of documentation?Linda
  3. justlooking

justlooking New Member

congratulations.

It feels so good to finally have the stress of the whole application and denial process over, doesn't it.

I won my case about 3 years ago at the ALJ process and I was the same way, I cried for several days out of relief and happiness.

way to go, now you can relax and think about other things....Yay for you!!

Sincerely
    JL
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I was the same way when I was waiting. Good for you for hanging in there. That's one big thing off your mind. Enjoy!

Love, Mikie
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Happy to hear the good news.
  6. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

He works wonders doesn't he. Congratulations.
  7. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Congratulations Suzette. I am so happy for you.

When I won my Canada Pension Disability I couldn't stop shaking. I was told by everyone that I would never get it.

When I got my cheque for my back pay I drove to my husband's work to show him because I couldn't wait until he got home. I couldn't speak, just handed him the cheque and sat and cried!!!!!

Yea! for you!

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

Congratulations! I love to hear that you did without an atty. I wonn mine is 8 months no atty.

Now you can sit back, breath and enjoy-Carla
  9. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Congradulations! I just got my SSD back pay check last Friday. I know how releaved you feel.

It's a wonderful feeling to have all that behind you isn't it?

Enjoy!!

Barb
  10. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

So happy that part is behind you...

My hearing in front of the ALJ (televised) is the 25th...

If I am feeling somewhat like today, I will be going in there on a stretcher...Think I'll Win?

Buy something nice for yourself and share with those who 'believed' and stood by you too...

Enjoy the WIN!!!

We are all clapping for you...

~Alicia
  11. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Suzette, I am so very happy for you. Just reading your post brought back memories of when I received my SSD. I was so happy that I cried, not only because of the fact that I was going to receive the additional income, but I think it was more because I finally felt validated. The judge believed that I was truly ill. And it felt so wonderful after being doubted by friends and by doctors to finally be acknowledged.

Congratulations!!!! A victory for one is a victory for all.

Bless you,

Lolalee
  12. SweetT

SweetT New Member

And for those of you who got approved in less than a year from your initial application, please respond to my post asking for the secret to getting approved the first time.
  13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

then the anxiety set in for me...that's just me...

congratulations..

jodie
  14. kholmes

kholmes New Member

It's a tremendous relief, isn't it?

Kholmes
  15. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm very happy for you----glad you hung in there!

Hugs,
    Pam
  16. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

Thank you for your responses. It did validate for me that someone{The judge} and all of the drs I had seen including the SSD dr. really know that I am sick.

I would recommend to those who asked, I wouldnt try it alone unless you have something else wrong that everyone is familiar with like disks or spinal or Lupus or something else. There is sooo much paperwork involved.

Keep copies of everything including every phone # you have called about your claim and try to get the persons name that you spoke with. That way, if you need to call again, you have a name to ask for. I went to Wal-mart and bought a bright red accordian folder with its own rubberband thing and I wrote all phone #s and names of contacts on the outside and kept every scrape of paper in the folder.

Somethings do not seem important at the time but save it anyway. On Friday when my advocate called to say I won, she had written down the wrong date of my last date of work. I was able to pull out my red folder and find my work excuse for Oct 29 2004 and she couldnt find hers so keep everything. she had written down April of 2005. What a difference in the back pay that would have made.

Anyway, Thank you for listening to me for all of the months when I was so depressed and never thought I would win the SSD. Have a great day.

Suzette
  17. sisland

sisland New Member

This is a moment in your life that you won't ever forget!! a valadation of sorts for all your suffering!................it's about time huh!!
  18. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Suzette:

So glad that you were successful...2 years is still a long time to wait for your approval, but less than others here. Hope that means that you are just about eligible for Medicare!

Ingrid