I won! I won! ! won!!!-1st try-edited to give my background

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovethesun, Sep 19, 2005.

1. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I haven't got the notice yet but I can't see any other reason that the treasury would send me a $3400 check !!I expect the paperwork will come soon.It took almost the whole6 months for them to answer -SEE POST TOWARDS END
    [This Message was Edited on 09/19/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2005]
  2. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

What a wonderful treat to find in your mailbox! Thanks for sharing your good news!

Francie
  3. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

My husband battled for disability for the longest time, and never got it!!

So, congratulations - you're a lucky dog!!!!

Kinsie
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

That's terrific news! I remember when I received my notice, I ran around telling everyone. I was so excited!!
    I'm happy for you.

Kathy.
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

even though I had given them my bank account! I can't wait to see it written though The money is good!
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Lovethesun, I'm so very happy you won your SSD. I haven't worked in 26 years so I'm not eligible for SSD. I don't mind, as hubby makes a good living and we do okay. We are really blessed.

I don't even have enough credits to get SS when the time comes and I am 67.
    I am 55 now and hubby is 4 years younger than I am.

I just love it when I hear someone has won their SSD case!

Many hugs to you,
    Faye
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Congratulations!!!

Love, Mikie
  8. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I think SSA is green with pink. The tax rebate is not. Hope it's the SSA! If it's backpay, that comes to almost $586.67 per month. Does that sound right?

I celebrate the hope and the joy with you lovethesun, and I love your name!
  9. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

BIG Congrats to you.....

But as others said give SS office a call to make sure...they can tell you by phone if you have been approved, I found out I was approved while In the SS office....So give them a call to make sure...but im sure it's your SSD!! So happy for you!!!!!!!

Hugs
    Bluerose
  10. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

we already got one last year.It is from social security.I've seen those checks before- I got them when my daughters Dad died I'll call though
  11. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

He thought it was funny that I got the money first too!Who am I to complain though.Thanks for all the nice response .I appreciate it>Linda
  12. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Saw your message on my post.

WE both had a great day.

WTG

Sue
  13. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

get it right away and others fight and fight.
  14. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I know how you feel and am very happy for you!

Mary
  15. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

So glad you called and it is your SSD. That is so funny, first the check then the letter. Who cares as long as it is the approval and its your SSD money...

So happy for you you deserve it!!!!!!

Tender hugs,
    Francey
  16. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I was so excited that I told you before my husband!Suzetal-this is surely a red letter day for us-especially so,having to go through all that to get it.I don't know why mine went through(other than I have a very severe case of fibro)but I would welcome any questions to help my friends here.Thanks again.Linda
  17. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Congratulations! Did you file yourself or have someone do it for you? I just began the process. I hired Allsup. I just signed the application today and mailed it back to them for filing. I am 53. Can you tell me your age and diagnosis used? I appreciate it. I'm glad for you.

M J
  18. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I applied mainly on Fibromyalgia,Though I due have compressed discs in my back and neck.I had good documentation every step of the way for 6 years.I filed myself.When they had me do the physical,I had the worst brainfog day ever.I couldn't remember from one sentence to the next.I also have all 18 points(plus some)Several doctors called my case severe.
  19. reebok22202

reebok22202 New Member

Did you win soley based on Fibro??? Or did you have something else listed as the main reason for your application?
  20. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

but have not gotten a letter saying why I was approved