I WON I WON ......YIPEEEEEE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by onnaroll, Jul 21, 2006.

1. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

MAN, I cant beleave i finally won my disabillity case!!!
    after six yrs of sickness its such a relief i cant beleave it, I was in tears, but they were tears of joyyyyyyyyyy....=)

ps anyone know how long it will be before my first check gets here. and anyone know if they will go back six yrs? since thats how long its been since i filled

love to all onna
    ps, dont ever give up..........................................
    [This Message was Edited on 07/21/2006]
  2. Scapper

Scapper New Member

That is so great!!!!!

Yes, they will send you a retroactive check going back to when you were first disabled. I got mine all in one lump sum.

What a weight off your shoulders!!

scapper
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Good for you!! Congratualations. I know after that long
    ofa fight you must have been discouraged often. But now
    you are gleefully in a position to buy us all a "round"
    of Shirley Temples or Buck Rogers!! I'll take a double!!

It's gonna make for a great weekend for you!!
    MRDAD
  4. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH .............=)

YES WHAT A HUGE WEIGHT OF MY SHOULDERS..............
    A ROUND OF DRINKS TO ALLL MY FRIENDS!..LOL
    SIGH I WISH I REALLY COULD, TAKE GREAT CARE EVERYONE
    THIS MEANS SO MUCH.

THANKS ONNAROLL
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Huh!! it takes so long!! A Big Hug and a Big congratulations!! enjoy yourself and do something nice just for you!!.............................mine took 3 years!
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

Congrats- Six years, wow- that should be some check! You should get it with in 4-6 weeks, maybe sooner. Carla
  7. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I just gotta know.. How do you go about getting disability to start with??
    Congrats!
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

just my story only...first time closed case...i had hearing 7/08/04....i didn't get my ssdi check direct deposited until january 21, 2005....

my son's ssdi direct deposit for that case didn't recieve until 11/01/05...i had to pull teeth!

then on my current status pay that i am on now...i won at the initial phase...no reconsideration....no hearing...
    i had dr. ssa appts. all done by jluy 05...i got the money for me only dec 05...

i am still waiting for my son's retro active from 10/04 current status case still as we speak today....

i just called my congressmans office and spoke w/emma and she said give her until monday to talk to jenni kim and see what they can do to get baltimore to expediate the money they still owe me on my current status case....

they took out 5,500 for an attorney's fee, which i had no attorney at all...i won at initial phase didn't need one...then i am waiting for the retro active part for my son...

my advice is right now since you know you won...you can go into you local office and ask for a hardship check for upt to 999.00 on the stop...they will give it to you trust me i did it....you do have to pay it back but if you need it to get by the you do it...

some people will have it in their accts. right away and some just plain old have to fight for it...

and what i advise you to do as well...it appears you may have had children that were under the age of 18 or in high school when you were disabled....you need to fill out paperwork at the office to get payment for the children...if you are entitiled...you do not have to have the checks written in their individual names....at all

i have direct deposit into a custodial account and he can only take money out if i am with him....but that doesn't happen i use it for rent etc...for him....

good luck

jodie
  9. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

just go to your local social security office, they have all the papper work to start your disability claim. good luck to you... onna

and thanks again all of you who posted....=)))))))))
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

This should relieve a lot of stress and anxiety.