I WON I WON

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Sep 19, 2005.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I just got back from my hearing.Judge made a bench decision .And I won on FM.And she went back to onset Nov. 2003.

I am so relieved.If any of you want details let me know.

Also asked my firm if they take out if state cases .Lot of you have asked others .Well there here in Rhode Island and they do.Thats all they do is SS .If any need there name and # let me know.
  2. bozey

bozey New Member

I hope your money comes to you quick. Hip Hip Hurray

bozey
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

about 5 months to get.But thats OK with me I am just happy its over with.

Sue
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It's been 6 months.I would justlike to be able to proceed.I'm so happy for you!Linda
  5. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

So so Happy for you...what a blessing!! You hung in there...Good job!!

Dosent take the pain away, but sure helps some with the stress.

BIG Congrats to you!!
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  6. dellie

dellie New Member

I was denied twice for Social Security Disability. Last November I hired a lawyer. Saturday, I got a letter from an Administrative Law Judge saying that I had won Social Security Disability without going before the Judge. I called the Attorney's office this morning because I'm still having trouble believing that I won without going before the Judge!! I don't know when I will receive my money yet, but the letter said I would receive back to December of 2002...which will make me eligible for Medicare from what the letter said. I'm thrilled but I still feel like I'm dreaming.

I'm happy for the other people that have won and all I can say to the people that are trying.....is don't give up!!!
    Dellie
  7. dellie

dellie New Member

It is a relief to have it over with....but I'm having trouble believing it's over!! Did anyone else feel that way when they won?

Verdell
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Suzetal,
    I'm so happy for you to win your SSD case and hope you will get your back support money too.

It is always great to hear good news for "one of us." :)

You deserve to celebrate this!

Big hugs,
    Faye
  9. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Thank you all .

2painfull.

This is what happened.Sorry ahead of time for any spelling eras LOL> I walked in with my hubby and attorney.The judge first asked if there were any witnesses my attorney told her no my DH was just there for moral support.

We held up our right hands and you know.The judge asked me if I had worked at all since Nov. 4th 2003.I told her no.
    She than asked .Why do you feel you can not work.I told her that I could no longer do what I used to.I said I was at work at 5am and left at 5pm every day.I started to cry I hated that part .I told her I wanted my life back.She asked me if I still could not pick up my grand kids.I cant told her and cry again I had put that down when I first filed.I told her I had just gotten a promotion and a pay increase of 15,000.00 And would I give that up for 698.00 a month. And that my DH retied because of my promotion and when my heath went bad he had to get a full time job. She wrote all that down.

I had a letter from my former manager on how I worked and that not being able to work was totally out of character for me.My boss also said that I had tried to go back many times but could not due to pain.

She also had a letter from one of my hubby's friends.Who told her that I had gone to a party and could not go up the stairs by myself.He had always seen me at home sick but that was the first time he had seen how the FM had taken its tole on me.

Those 2 Letters were put in my record .They carried alot of weight on her dission.
    They also had a doctor there to testify for SS .Well he did and the judge asked if he supported my doctors findings of FM .He said yes he could not see how I could work with chronic pain.

I had a report from my GP she stated that I could not work.I had one from my shrink who also wrote that I should apply for disability and he felt that I was disabled.Also my neurologists said I had FM and could not work.

The doctor stated that I had excellent records and that I continue to see my doctors.Oh and I also had reports from 3 rhumys They all stated that I had all 11 trigger points.

The judge granted me disability but I must continue to see my shrink and I will have a revue in 2 yrs due to my age,I'm 52 so she then stated that there might be some new advances in treat ment for FM.

HER judgment on my case was FIbromyalgia.

I also had one of the toughest judges in Rhode Island.

Well I hope this helps someone.I'm glad its over.The pain is still here but a little stress is gone.

I will and so will my doctors continue to find something that will help me.

If I do get well I will go back to work .

Thank you all this board has been a life saver for me and my Dear husband.

Hugs
    Sue
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

So happy for this great news! You must be dancing...celebrate. The worry and strain are over.

Sue
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so happy for you.

Love, Mikie
  12. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I can't tell you how happy I am for you. When one of us on this board wins we all win!!!

Hugs, Jodi
  13. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear Suzetal:

Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you. You must be dancing on air.

Well everyone, we got another bench decision, I think that makes three in the last two months! WOW, those judges are finally doing the right thing.

Suze, now you can sit back and relax and wait for those big bucks to come in. YOU DESERVE IT!!!

Again congratulations and God Bless.

Hugs,
    Francey

14. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I won today too.They haven't sent the letter but I got a$3400 check from ss in my name!
  15. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I'm sure you are so relieved!
  16. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I'm so giddy with excitement for you and for me..A big pressure off both of us!!!!
  17. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Thank you all.

Wtg Lovesthesun

All others who are waiting HOPE YOU ALL WIN.

FM andCFS are real .I think they are starting to realise that they are real.

Hugs all
    Sue
  18. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

So happy for you. Hope that this makes your life much easier for you.

Ingrid
  19. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Congratulations! Yes I would like details. I just hired Allsup to help me. I signed my application and sent it back today so the ball is rolling. I am 53. I would love to know your diagnosis and age. Thanks, and congratulations to you

M J mjwarchol@aol.com