** I WON***I won

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wildflowers2, Feb 18, 2009.

1. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

AFter a long battle and this being the second ALJ hearing. I WON.

I Didnt have the whole hearing as the ALJ read my medical records and made his decision b4 the hearing. HE called my attorney on to his chambers ...attorney came out and said well you got it!

ALl I had to do was asnwer 2 questions for the Alj- 5 mins.. and I was done!!!!

thanks to all

2. daylight

daylight New Member

This is great news!
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

that is terrific news...after your long and sometimes heated debate what relief you must feel. And for all of us who are waiting for a hearing....well, it gives you some encouragement as well!! I am so happy for you!!

4. justmestephd

justmestephd New Member

I just won mine to after almost 4 years. No money yet though I hope they don't take to long to get it out... but what a relief I know you are feeling..... Congrats!!!!!
  5. deepcanyon1

deepcanyon1 New Member

Oh I am so happy that you Won! and i know the feeling I got when I got mine back in 01 it was great. And I sure hope that all that have filed have the same outcome cause it makes me feel as tho i am able to help monitarily even if its a small amount to the house.

Congrats again!

6. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

I plan on quitting my job and filing in April.
    I've been doing the same job for over 25 years and am a 53 year old female.

My Dx is FMS, IBS General Anxiety Stress Disorder, GERD.
    Will do a sleep apnea test before the first of March.

Can you take a wild guess and tell me what you think my chances are. Anyone?

Thank you and
    God Bless.

[This Message was Edited on 02/19/2009]
  7. ephemera

ephemera New Member

This is the very, very best news I have read in such a long time.
    My entire household was pulling for you & hoping that you made
    it through the Elkins Park ordeal.

I will visualize you scattering wildflower seeds across a meadow,
    allowing you to start a new landscape in your life. Happy spring!

It's been one year since I received a positive decision. So far,
    what's been the biggest difference in my life is less stress after being
    caught up in the whole SSDI process.

I hope Medicare elidgiblity will start soon for you. Very best
    healing thoughts to you!
  8. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

I just won, too, back in Dec. and I was stunned especially since I was waiting for my hearing and it was approved without one!! I just got my backpay and about fell over since it was from 2005. Isn't it just a fantastic feeling after all that work? yay!
  9. ask2266

ask2266 Member

I'm a former lawyer, and I used to work on social security cases, so everyone reading your story should feel hopeful and know if you stick it out through the ALJ hearings(mini-trial with ALJ =administrative law judge), you will win. They turn EVERYONE (even folks on their death bed) down until you get to the ALJ, whic takes 3 appeals...it's how they weed people out.

10. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I won I used Allsup however, It took very little time for me to win I think it was less then six months. I only had one month is back pay comming. Hang in there those who have not won. I realize I was lucky or really really sick by the time I applied. I have numerous things wrong with me one being FMS. Still have not received back pay check but I recieved my first check. Don't know what thats about.