"I Won My AISH Trial!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abcanada, Dec 21, 2008.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Just found out the other day after trial 3 weeks ago. What an extremely complicated/screwed up process. Through denials, the gov't kept refusing me by 'concocting' statements that were in doctors reports.
    It took me & my husband going to this trial, completely breaking down, as we have 4 young kids & the impact of this has been unbelievable. The rep still sat there & said I was a substance abuser& went on about the fact that I didn't attend vocational rehab they wanted me to go to. As we were leaving the guy told me his wife had Fibro & I neede to get off my but(100lbs!) and get exercise & psych help. I said had you read reports you'd see it's been done, along with sooo much else. He said he ddidn't read reports???? Almost like a set up by gov't. I followed my gut throughout this process although there were many times I would have given up. So glad I did. Now still have to go through CPP, federal insurance.
    Being so sick has put me through the ultimate test, trying to accurately portray my situation, tending to the needs of our children, defending children & myself, correcting ignorant assumptions about me & my reactions to situations, etc. That itself has given me the strength to persue this matter. Taske Care & Thanks for the advice, Laura
  2. petemora

petemora Member

It means: Assured Income Support for the Severely Handicapped (AISH). It's Canadian.

Janice P.
  3. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I can't tell you how many people have doubted me along the way, but the feeling it gave me to have the panel(members of the community) recognize my health problems.They have been severe, prolonged & almost invisible except for the obvious toll this has taken on my body, now 100lbs. My official(after 3 1/2 years) has been CFS, Myofacial pain, FM & Severe migraines. I have 4 small kids & they have given up soo much because of my illness. I' m pleased that we will be able to make up certain aspects of that. I also feel like I may be able to help myself seek a little comfort! Thanks Laura