I won my Disability 1st try

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dafoefan, Feb 26, 2007.

1. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

After reading so long here about how awful it was, I did not file for 3 yrs. I would call and get the papers and then never fill them out or file them. I even began lying to my husband and family that they were filed and it just takes a looooong time.

Well thankfully, I met a friend online who was also just 40 and won her case with the help of Allsup, Inc.

I contacted them, they took care of everything and are paid a percentage of your back pay that cannot exceed $5300. Their representatives fill out all the forms, talk to you, and put down everything with the proper wording.

My application was turned in sometime in August 2006, and my monies were deposited in the amount of 1 yr's back pay last week. I then received a check for 1 yr's back pay for my underage child this last Saturday.

Bottomline, if any of you have felt like I did--afraid or uneasy, I would highly recommend contacting Allsup, Inc. They have a 97% success rate, and I believe will only take your case if they believe it can be won.

I feel so thankful for their assistance, and I wanted to share this with all of you who might feel more comfortable having this kind of support.
  2. froggyfog

froggyfog New Member

I have signed my papers and sent to Allsup last week. I hope mine goes as smooth as yours. What dx do you have besides FM? I'm not sure how supportive my doctor is but she did say she would sign whatever I needed for my STD through work. Work is sending me the papers and I am waiting on them. I am close to the same age as you and have two teenagers. I hope this process is not to long, not sure my finances will handle it for too long.

Congratulations!
  3. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

I wasn't comfortable posting, as I felt like I was bragging, but on the other hand, I want others to know about Allsup.

To answer your question, I don't know what information they used. My rheumy told me he would have me come down and help with the paperwork when he received it. Well he never did call. I saw him mid Dec and he never mentioned any contact from social security, and he is quite the talker.

I'm going to assume it was from my psychiatrist visits, but I don't know. I do have depression and panic attacks, so is that enough? I don't know. I was told that I actually was approved all the way back to when I went out on state disability in 2002. They only pay backpay 1 year from filing date.

Good luck to you, I think the fact that they took your case, your chances are excellent. I am so impressed with them. Godspeed on your case!
  4. froggyfog

froggyfog New Member

Thanks for post, I feel better about choosing Allsup. I knew I didn't want to wait until I was turn down to start the process and they took my case at the very begining. I know you probably feel better now that it is over with. I'm use to being in control, "type A" personality so it's a little hard to let someone else take care of it....but honestly I don't trust myself anymore because of this FibroFog...I could forget to send in something important LOL
  5. achingbytch

achingbytch New Member

I want to thank both of you for sharing this with everyone either preparing or thinking to file.

I can't tell you what its like looking online or in the yellow pages in COLD search trying to figure out who might help, who might be honest, etc. My lawyer told me she doesnt know anyone in the field and suggested a NY firm with no contact name.

6. JulieL

JulieL New Member

I just received a letter from Alsup wanting me to call them to see if I qualify for getting disability benefits but was not sure if they were really a legit company. In the letter they stated they have been in business since 1984 and have helped over 60,000 people in obtaining benefits.

Glad you all have something good to say about them. I plan on contacting them this week.

I do have a question though. I have been receiving long term benefits from my employer and they are about to expire in May. I will then be unemployed (the benefits last for 52 weeks) Do I file for benefits NOW even though I am getting long term benefits that expire in May or do I wait until the benefits stop???? I'm not exactly sure how all this works so this is one of the reasons I wanted to talk to a lawyer.

juliel
  7. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

Juliel, The fact that it takes some time to get going, I would contact them now. I found them to be straight-forward, honest, and complete.

Good luck to you!

Just a note: they are former Social Security Association employees, this is what gives them the edge over other companies. They know the right words, codes, etc., that can make our invisible diseases become visible to the SSD. I believe it doesn't matter what state you are in, as they work with you over the phone and contact your local offices. I don't remember where they are, but I am in the Pacific time zone, and I believe they were 3 hrs ahead of me.
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

I am glad that someone won it on the first try. Way to go!!!!!! Kept you from having to go through so much nonsense trying to get what you so deserve the very first try!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Kriket
  9. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

It's funny I was just looking at your profile, as I was answering you question about muscle relaxers.

I first thought how painful it would be to be a manicurist, and dear God, the smells. Why do the smells become such an issue with this DD. It gets worse and worse as the months go by. I'm sorry you lost your business, and doing massages sounds quite tough as well.

It's funny, I was thinking to myself as I looked at your profile how many of us have such a love for animals. I guess somehow we've always known that in our souls??? They will still be around for us when we need them.
  10. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I did the same thing as you did. I would get the papers filled out and then just not send them in. But the last time I recieved a call from SSDI telling me that I needed to get the papers ready asap and send them to them or it would be a year before I could file again. So last Feb.{06} I did that and sent all the info to them.
    On valentines day this year I was called at 8 am and told that I had won my case and I would be getting 4 month s back pay. I was told that it would take weeks for me to get the money in my account but just 2 days later it was there. It was the written notice that took 2 weeks for it to get here, I will recieve my checks on the 3rd wed of ever month.l

I was so surpirsed that I told the person calling me that NO one had ever qualifies for SSDI on #1 try and that it took a lawyer to get it. I was told that this did not happen and that people won on the first try all the time with out any extra help. It still is amazing to me that I have it now.
    But what great news it is to hear that you now have some help as well and that you will get the money you need. I was also told that my case would not be reviewed for 7 yrs and I do not qualify for medicare for 2 years after my date of disability. So no extra help in the medical part but the money will help alot.

So congrats for you,
    HUGS,
    Rosemarie
  11. MoibonFL

MoibonFL New Member

Have each of you been out of work for long periods of time before filing for disablity? I have been working part time since about 2000 because I cannot afford to not work but I cannot maintain a full time job..Just wondering..I'm very happy for all of you!
  12. MoibonFL

MoibonFL New Member

13. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

That is really impressive. Honestly to have gone it on your own, you did a darn good job.

Congratulations to you, as well.

I received my letter yesterday regarding my portion, and it said I would be re-evaluated every 3 years, great something else for me to worry about.

What a relief to you and pat yourself on the back, you deserve it.

Lisa
  14. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

In my case, I worked for my last job for 20 years, beginning at age 19. I can't help but think that may have been helpful in my case. The only gap I had was less than a year since age 15.

The annual social security statement that states your earnings for each year and shows what you would get if you were disabled would be your best point of reference for yourself.

Good luck to you, Lisa
  15. TerryS

TerryS Member

I've applied for SSDI. I have an appointment on 3/9. In the event they deny me (which is almost a sure thing, right?), how to I get in touch with Allsup??? If and when I get denied, i want to go ahead and get an attorney.

Renea - There's a program called SSI for people who do not qualify for SSDI and are disabled. You and any spouse have to be extremely low income.

Thanks,
    TerryS
  16. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

The only thing that crosses my mind is if a person's spouse has passed, one can draw from the spouse's Social Security. I could be wrong.
  17. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

www dot allsupinc dot com

Not sure if posting websites is ok. You can google it: Allsup, Inc.

I can't stop singing their praises!
  18. froggyfog

froggyfog New Member

Someone had asked if we had been out of work a long time. I have not. I knew I couldn't do it anymore when I made a couple of big mistakes, one at work and one while driving. I had went to part-time in Janurary because of the pain/fatigue. I am now on STD. Right now I am fighting a miserable headache that is on its third day. You will know when you can't do it anymore, your body tells you. I am struggling some with missing my job and the self-estem it provided me. But I have to accept whatever is planned for me. Maybe God will let me know my new purpose and it will even be better.

FroggyFog
    [This Message was Edited on 02/27/2007]