I won my disability!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by momof4kids68, Jun 3, 2008.

1. momof4kids68

momof4kids68 New Member

I had my hearing on May 8th and I just got my letter saying FULLY FAVORABLE!!

I have been sitting on pins and needles waiting for the judge's decision.

I still am in a kind of shock.

He awarded it to me based on these impairments: First....Fibromyalgia - Then...Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Bilateral Knee Degenerative Joint Disease, Major Depressive Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

He went so far as to say that "The State agency consultants (the state medical doctor & psychiatrist) did not adequately consider the claimant's subjective complaints". He gave their opinions little weight and based his decision on my extensive medical records and my treating physician's opinions.

The fact that he listed FM first on my impairments makes me feel great. I feel vindicated!! It's not in my head.

And it's yet another judge who is helping those of us who suffer with this terrible illness.

So to all who are still waiting, DON'T GIVE UP. And write your local congressman about the length of time you have been waiting. I wrote mine and within a month, I had a hearing date.

Take care & God Bless
    [This Message was Edited on 06/03/2008]
  2. sturg1

sturg1 New Member

Yahooooo!!!! Congrats to you, Mom!!! Take a deep breath and just take it all in. You are finally vindicated!!

Sooooo happy for you!
  3. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Congratulations!! Wow its finally behind you! I have been thinking of you and praying for you also. Your hearing was close to the same time as mine. Great news! Relax and treat yourself extra good ,you deserve it!! Blessings to you!
  4. whoachief

whoachief New Member

So happy for you!!!
  5. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Great to hear your news, and what a great word of encouragement for those of us still waiting .... !!!

I know this will lessen your concerns a great deal and help you feel much better!

6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! WoooooHoooooo!
    (Pretend I'm jumping up and down!)

7. landra

landra New Member

Good news sems to come in waves on the board.

So glad to hear that the judge validated your FM!! And thanks again for the reminder to contact our representatives!
  8. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

I know you must be on cloud nine about now. Keep me in your prayers as my hearing is this Friday June 6th and I'm terrified. Again, congrats, I'm so glad your waiting and stress has ended.

9. crazygranny

crazygranny New Member

SO Happy for you!!!!Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 06/04/2008]
  10. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

Congrats and happier days ahead for you. Being in that "same boat" too, I can understand how happy you are. Still waiting for my money though Patience is what I'm trying to learn.

11. tonia1990

tonia1990 New Member

Im so happy for you!
  12. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

I'm so happy for you! I'm so glad your concerns were taken seriously and that the judge awarded you benefits - you deserve it!!!! I'm glad judges are finally seeing the devastation that FMS can cause. The more judges who approve this, the better it is for all of us!!!! Yay for you!
  13. momof4kids68

momof4kids68 New Member

It's hard to have faith that everything will be okay when for years you suffer with this illness (& others) and stress about your health and finances.

Since coming to this board, I've seen people who, while suffering themselves, can say the words that make it all seem a little easier. I don't post a lot but I try to read everything on this board.

It's wonderful to have people wishing you the best. So, I'll be rooting for those of you that have their hearings coming up. Keep your chin up!
  14. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am soooooo happy for you, what a relieve you must feel. Could you say a prayer for me?? I am still waiting:(

If I felt better I'd do a little kick step!!, this is good news for all of you who can to the point of needing to file for SSDI.

15. romalaw

romalaw Member

Fully favorable..what beautiful words! I'm so happy for you. I just won in March and so I know the struggle of the process and the relief of reading those words.

I think it's important that those of us who win post our victory to offer encouragement to those who are still in the agony of waiting.

[This Message was Edited on 06/05/2008]