I won my LTD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jakeg, Apr 2, 2006.

1. jakeg

jakeg New Member

About a month ago I posted that I one my STD from the Standard Ins. Co.

Just got back from a mini retreat from my cabin in the hills. When I listened to the messages on the machine I heard the below from a rep at the Standard

I'm pleased to let you know that your LTD has been accepted and we will be sending a check that will be from december of last year to present.

I thought I would have to fight for months like I did for the STD. This time it was only 1 month after they reviewed my records. Thank god I didn't have to hire a lawyer to win either of these cases it saved me a ton of money in fees.

Tomorrow will be party day for the family, out for dinner on me. I would do it today but after 2 hrs of driving the pain has gotten to bad to even think about going out tonight.

Jake
  2. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

Glad to hear that war was won!

Of course I am always glad to hear that some people in the insurance do understand PAIN!

They took my LTD away (and five other friends of mine) after X amount of years- still fighting to get it back...as you know from this board that can happen.

Did they tell you that you need to apply for social security or did you do that yet?

...yeah! put some away for EMERGENCY!

J gavi
  3. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I haven't applied for SSDI yet but will be this month.

Jake
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sooner the better...

disabilitysecrets.com good info

jodie