I won SSD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Jun 2, 2008.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I received a letter from SSD saying the Judge found me fully disabled .He went back to 3/15/03 for date of disability. It has been a long wait and probabely will be a few more months before I see any money, really dont know how long it will take. Thanks to all who encouraged me and prayed for me!! God Bless You
    [This Message was Edited on 06/02/2008]
  2. momof27

momof27 New Member

3. liberty143

liberty143 New Member

I am smiling for you!
  4. jmq

jmq New Member

Wow...since 2003! God bless you for not giving up. It gives me hope. What was your dx and where do you live?

Enjoy the relief of having the needed income.

5. tonia1990

tonia1990 New Member

Im so happy for you!
  6. vmiller

vmiller New Member

I can only imagine the relief that you're feeling right now. I'm fighting them right now, and this gives me hope that perhaps I can win.

What is your diagnosis?
  7. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

It's always so nice to read that Someone, got their Disabilty ,
    Sorry it took so long, and your check should be coming soon, mine came in 2 weeks, after the Lawyer was paid, I had a nice sum, to help me get back on my feet,

Good for YOU.
  8. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

congratulations camp, i am so happy and relieved for you!! what a long struggle, i am glad it is finally over for you!
    when i finally got approved last year, it went back to feb of 03, i had 10% taken out for taxes, so i didn't owe a big sum at tax time, was lucky not to have to pay it and got it all back at the end of the year, but nice to know that they had it IN CASE! take a good relaxing vacation now, the stress of the whole process is overwhelming, you sure deserve a break and a rest--enjoy it!!--L
  9. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am so happy for you, I can only imagine what a relief it is for you. If you were able I bet you would be bouncing off the walls:)

10. momof471

momof471 New Member

I'm so happy for you! I've thought about you often as you, romalaw and I had our hearings all right together. I am so happy to hear your great news!

God Bless
  11. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

That is awesome Camp. I am so happy for you and you are so deserving.

12. momof4kids68

momof4kids68 New Member

It is so great to see yet another person get a positive decision.
  13. zoey2006

zoey2006 New Member

I just got a call last week from my lawyer I won. It was the second time we asked for a bench decision. They went back to Oct of 2006. Congrads to you!!!!
  14. landra

landra New Member

It is soooo good to hear your good news!
  15. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

We seem to be on a winning roll right now and hope it continues as my hearing is this Friday. I'm so happy for you and hope you get your money soon, you've waited so long.

16. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I will be praying for you this friday and wishing you the best! Hang in there, you see how long it took me. I know its very nerve wrecking and stress levels really climb but it will be over before you know it. I fretted for weeks before my hearing its hard not to. Anyway keep us posted!!!
  17. crazygranny

crazygranny New Member

HOORAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you,i just got my approval on April 25 and mine went back to 2003 also.The long wait is over,sit back and relax!!!
  18. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

First of all, Congrats! I'm so excited that we're seeing all of these favorable results for our friends on this board. It seemed like an awfully long dry spell with no one getting SSDI but it's getting better now.

19. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

I'm so happy for you! You must be so relieved! I filed for disability exactly a year ago (May 30th, 2007) and won my benefits November, 2007. It only took me 6 months. I was lucky. I'm also so glad to see so many here getting approved lately. Maybe SS is finally seeing that we do indeed have disabiling problems that prevent us from working. Good for you!!!!
  20. romalaw

romalaw Member

It takes a lot of courage to continue to fight for five years, congratulations, you have worked hard for this. You should have a nice back pay sum.

I know your success will give hope to others still in the process.

Best of luck to Zoey and Deb, also. There have been many who have won lately, hope to be adding you to the list soon.