I WON SSI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Mar 20, 2007.

1. street129

street129 New Member

ON FEBRUARY 23RD 2007, I HAD CALLED APPEALL AND REVIEW TWO DAYS AFTER MY HEARING, WHICH WAS ON FEBRUARY 21ST 2007, BEFORE A JUDGE HERE IN NEW YORK CITY. FOR A MATTER OF SEEING MY FILE FOR SOMETHING THAT WENT DOWN IN THE HEARING CHAMBERS..

THE WORKER THAT I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH SAID TO ME THAT SHE REMEMBER SEEING MY CASE, AND THAT SHE THINK THAT THE JUDGE HAS APPROVED ME...I SAID TO HER ..HE DID, SHE SAID YEA, HE DID, BUT I DIDNT WANT TO TOOT MY OWN HORN, SO I DECIDED TO WAIT FOR THE OFFICIAL PAPER WORK IN THE MAIL, BUT I CALL EVERYDAY TO THAT OFFICE BUGGING THEM TO SEE IF MY CASE HAS REACH A DECISION AND IF MY DECISION WAS MAIL OUT.

WELL TODAY, MARCH 20, 2007 WAS THE DAY..I DID WHAT I USUALLY DO, WHICH IS BUGGED THE HECK OUT OF THE WORKERS, AND THE CLERK THAT I SPOKE TO TODAY TOLD ME THAT A DECISION WAS MADE ON MY CASE AND A LETTER WAS MAILING OUT, I ASKED HER IF SHE CAN TELL ME IF I WAS APPROVED OR NOT AND SHE SAID I WAS APPROVED.

AT THIS TIME I FEEL NOTHING, GLAD OR SAD, BECAUSE I'VE BEEN WAITING TOO LONG FOR THIS SINCE 1995, AND RIGHT NOW I HAVE NO FEELING TOWARD THIS APPROVED DECISION.

I WILL BE GETTING SSI INSTEAD OF SSD WHICH WAS MY INITIAL FILING, BUT BECAUSE I'VE BEEN TURN DOWN IN THE BEGINNING 4 -5 TIMES, I HAVE TRIED WORKING IN 1998, BUT STOPPED IN 1999 BECAUSE MY ILLNESS WAS GETTING WORST. SORRY FOR THIS LONG POST..BUT I WHICH I CAN BE HAPPY LIKE YOU GUYS WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CASE. MAYBE I NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE.MAYBE NOT, I HOPE I WILL FEEL DIFFERENT WHEN THE PAPER ARRIVE.

2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

congrats
  3. momof471

momof471 New Member

Congratulations! It sounds like a long battle, it will take awhile to destress from it! Enjoy the win!

God Bless
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Happy to hear. I think you'll finally realize it's true once you get the first check.

It's kind of like holding your breath for so long.

Okay - breathe!