I WON

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shmilycsc, Dec 18, 2005.

1. shmilycsc

shmilycsc New Member

HELLO,

I GOT MY FULLY FAVORABLE LETTER IN THE MAIL ON SATURDAY.
    PLEASE DONT GIVE UP. FIGHT FOR YOUR DISABLITY. I HAVE WAITED SINCE MARCH 9,2003, I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE WAITED LONGER THAN THAT. DONT GIVE UP. I HAD TO GO BEFORE THE JUDGE, IT WAS SCARY, BUT I DID IT.

I HAD A COMPANY THAT MY LTD IS PAYING FOR CALLED ALLSUP. I BELEIVE WITHOUT THEM I WOULDNT HAVE GOT APPROVED. IT DID TAKE ALOT OF STRESS OFF OF ME TO KNOW THAT I DIDNT HAVE TO DO ALL THE PAPER WORK, AND POSSIBLY MESS IT UP.

KEEP FIGHTING FOR WHAT IS ALREADY YOURS. KEEP APEALING.
    I PRAY THAT EVERYONE FIGHTING WILL GET A FAVORABLE DECISION.

GOD BLESS CAROLYN
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Great News Happy For You.

I also won in September .Took 2 1/2 years.

Your right never give up.

It does happen.

Hugs
    Sue
  3. matthewson

matthewson New Member

Yaah! Glad to hear you won! Now you can concentrate on taking care of you!

Take care, Sally
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so very happy for you.

Love, Mikie
  5. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

good for you. I always tell people never give up. Sure takes a load off doesnt it. Nice when the good guy wins.
    hugs poodlemum
  6. sdown

sdown New Member

Great news! Im happy for you. I fought for disability insurance myself. I had to get a lawyer and it took 1 year to settle. I only received a salary for one year but it was better than nothing. I also received a 1 year package from the oil and gas company I worked for. I had been with them for 10 years. My advice to everyone is to fight as well. After 5 years being sick my only regret is maybe I should have been more patient and waited longer to resolve the matter with a better settlement. Oh well at least I got something. The lawyer said my case settled faster because I was asking for less. The insurance companies always win dont they.
  7. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

That is very good news, now maybe you can relax a a bit and concentrate on taking care of yourself. Have a very good Christmas. Love, Marie
  8. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Way to go!!!

Happy Holidays,
    Dee50
  9. hartogold

hartogold New Member

I'm so happy for you! I know that even though it's only a little over half of what I used to make working, at least it's a secure income and I was truly grateful.

I was also blessed in that I was approved first try thanks to my doctors (my pcp and my psychiatrist). My psychiatrist really made me sound loonier than I thought I was. Of course the "lingo" is a bit confusing to me anyway and FMS alone is enough to drive anyone crazy anyway. lol

Have a wonderful hollyday and now you can rest at ease.
    hugs,
    Sandy
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

that is nice to hear! i had won my case a on sept 05, i got paid nov. 29th o5...so i hope yours is speedy in paying you soon...i did have my case go in some sort of review after the decision so that may have delayed it some...

i just haven't recived the letter in the mail. money is more important to me at this time but i am curious as to what the ruling was exactly...i got it on the first try this time...

jodie
  11. shmilycsc

shmilycsc New Member

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME. WHEN I WOULD FEEL DOWN ABOUT SSD, I WOULD COME ON THIS BOARD AND GET ALOT OF ENCOURAGEMENT FROM READING YOUR POST. THANK YOU

CAROLYN
  12. paige51

paige51 New Member

Glad the wait is over for you. I go before the alj next month, wish me luck. I think about it every night before I go to sleep.

This stress is really unfair.

anyway, good luck and enjoy life.

paige51