I Won!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mistress-o-pain, Jan 23, 2006.

1. mistress-o-pain

mistress-o-pain New Member

Thank you all so much for the prayers! They worked!!! YIPPEE!! I got a bench decision of disability. I am to get back pay from February 2003 and my medicare is suppose to start in 5 months. I do, however, have to keep up with all medical attempts to get "fixed" and reappear in two years to see if anything has changed. I owe you guys so much!
    Questions that I was asked: What did you do at your previous jobs? Why don't you feel like you can work? What stops you from working? What are your symptoms? Do you drive? Do you smoke? How do the drugs you take make you feel? On a scale of 1-10 what is your pain level? Do you dress yourself? Do you feed yourself? Who does your personal care?
    I'll give you more questions later I have a phone call. Just wanted to say thank you!
  2. mistress-o-pain

My phone has been ringing off the hook to see how it went. Funny how quick people ask you about how much back pay your going to get! ARGH! Here comes the bad part of my support system. People will crawl from the walls with their hand out.
    More questions: Could you carry a gallon of milk? Do you eat out? (now that question kinda got me)Do you go to the movies? Go to church? Involved in any clubs or organizations? GO shopping?
    Oh, I was not awarded on my Fibromyalgia. One of the neurologist stated that he believed that the RSD diagnosis was correct or it could be Chronic Pain Syndrome or Complex regional pain syndrome. He told the judge if I was to get better it would only happen with treatment. So that is how I got a positive decision. There was one doctor I had that I got pi$$ed at and told off so he wrote in his report that he suspected mental illness and he suspected nothing was wrong with me physically! I was so angered! I told the judge I knew which one and why. I told him who I thought it was and went into detail why I thought it was him and why. I was right on which one. I told the judge if I was mentally ill then I could except that. But when I have a problem with a doctor because he screams at me and refuses to tell me what my MRI results were I threaten to report him. So watch what you say to the jerk docs or it could effect your case!
    Love to all!
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

that will be nice when you et your check

advice i would start looking at the medicare plans to see which one you might like..

jodie
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I am sooooooooo happy for you...

I am awaiting my hearing any day now...I hope for the same outcome.

So glad your wait is finally over...Now hire a bodyguard to keep from losing your backpay to all those "needy" people...tehe

Peaceful days~Alicia
  5. dazedconfused

dazedconfused New Member

So I wondering about your answers to those questions. Do you have to not be able to care for yourself or even pick up a gallon of milk. I mean I can still take care of myself and I can even clean my house, but I will pay for that the next day. I can pick up a gallon of milk, but don't ask me to hold it for long, because the pain will hit me. I thought they would just look at what type of work you did and if you could do that now. I worked at McDonalds for about 5 years and then I tried office work the last job I had was in an office for a small business that the guy ran out of his home, he didn't just want some one to answer the phone and do office work he wanted a baby sitter for his 1 year old and when I didn't want to do that he started finding other things for me to do like clean the office that him and his family had made a mess of over the weekend and the final straw was when he told me to wear old clothes the next day because he had some painting for me to do. I knew there was no way I could do any kind of painting. And now I can barely even type and holding a phone for any length of time makes my fingers all tingley.
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

CONGRATULATIONS......SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

MamaR
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Congratulations. I'm so happy for you.

Love, Mikie
  8. mistress-o-pain

dazedconfused, I went with all answers on what my worst days would be. I got the impression that if you can do house work then you could possibly do that for a living or something similar. It's sad but seems like you have to go only by your worst days.
    Good luck
  9. chui

chui New Member

I'm so happy for you. It gives me hope that maybe I will win mine when I have to go in front of the judge. Did you have a lawyer? Who asked you these questions?Sherry
  10. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

great news!!!!
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

so pleased you won. What a relief for you. Concentrate on allowing the stress to flow from you now. Crom