1. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I never thought i would get to say this but after 4 years and this being my second hearing i finally got a favorable decision. he said it right there in the hearing room. he even set the file to be reviewed in two years so i don't have to worry about that for now either. now all i need is that back check. lol. for everyone that is waiting for their hearing hold in there. and for anyone that is going through this junk for a second time it just might be worth it. I hope everyone wins their hearings. it's such a relief to have it over with.
    thanks to all of you guys that answered my question about the tee shirt. you were right and it looked fine...........SueF
  2. Sonny1

Sonny1 New Member

just curious why a second hearing never heard of that?Enjoy what u fought for!
  3. rjsbow

rjsbow New Member

Good deal,were all happy for you.
  4. momof471

momof471 New Member

I'm so glad to hear you won!! What a happy week on this board!

God BLess
  5. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

congratulations, so happy for you after such a long struggle!! wow, what a week on the board, 3 in a row!!
    enjoy and RELAX now--you deserve a break today (and not even at mcdonalds, lol--splurge!!)
    happy for you--L
  6. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

That's wonderful Sue. I have just started the process and the readjustment to life in general. Congratulations. My best friend got her back pay quickly; I hope the same for you.
  7. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

Just want to add my congratulations to you as well. I know what a long ordeal it is to get a decision that is just. I am grateful your wait is over!
  8. jmq

jmq New Member

I am soooo happy for you!!! I know how long and hard you have been trying. I am so relieved and now optimistic for my case too. I am still only on the first reconsideration so I know I am a long way away but there is hope.

Now you can finally put this behind you and just work on your health. Thank you for sharing your good news.

jmq
  9. Springfling

Springfling New Member

So happy for you! I know it must have been a long and hard fought 4 years. Now you can relax a bit, hope your check comes soon for you!
  10. emah

emah Member

Yeah!!!!!!!!! Give yourself a pat on the back for not giving up.

This is encouraging as I have been waiting for over 2 years.

Again, C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. landra

landra New Member

So glad for your news! It is a tough road and you made it!

And thanks for the T-shirt feedback, too.
  12. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Thanks everyone for all your congrat but i have to tell you i don't think i could have lasted this long without this website. it and everyone that is on here has been a god send. Every offers support even to the lurker like me and the information is tremendious. thank you to all of you who have been on here and posted and offered sympothy when needed..............SueF
  13. Catwhite

Catwhite New Member

Congratulations, I am so happy for you. I just went though almost 3 1/2 years of filing and waiting too. I filed Nov 2004 and finally had my hearing Feb 2008 and knew I won at my hearing but got the official letter March 10 that I was approved. My backpay should go back to Dec 2003 as when they said I was first disabled. I had to go to a appointment with our local office and now waiting on paperwork to let me know about my monthly checks starting and the backpay. I know its like money in the bank but I want it now. I got mine on severe arthritis,FM and COPD (thats what my approval paper said)but I have many other ailments. Plus my age of 59.

I hope everyone else that needs disability gets it. They need to speed up the time it takes to get it.

14. raven5000

raven5000 New Member

That's wonderful for you ...what "sticktoittiveness"!!! I wish I could say this gives me hope, but since I've only just applied in dec...4yrs sounds like an awful lonnnngggggg time.

Hope you get your back pay FAST!!!! treat yourself to something nice!
  15. chula61

chula61 New Member

Just out of curiousity, if you don't mind me asking how old you are and whether or not you had a lawyer? I'm 47 and I applied in September of 2004 and this is my second time applying, I'm currently waiting for a decision of Reconsideration.
  16. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Oh, that's wonderful. . .four years is a long, long time when one is ill and broke. Hope the money helps somewhat.

Best wishes,
    LouiseK
  17. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I'm 45 and the first time i had a lawyer and lost my case. she was completely worthless. the second time around i had a represenitive and she was the best. she really knew what she was doing. without her and my social worker/therapist i don't think i would have made it this time either. be prepared to have to go to a hearing but whatever you do don't give up hope. that's the only thing that kept me going through my second app...........SueF
  18. kking0412

kking0412 New Member

congratulations!!!!!!!!! =)
  19. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Sue and sll,

How wonderful and congradulations !! May this give hope to all who are waiting..

Luckily (I think), I am much older than most of you, my husband is retired and had a good job. I know though, as one of my daughters is struggling like many of you.

Hugs and blessings,

Granni
  20. romalaw

romalaw Member

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of congratualtions. Four years is a long time. I admire your perserverance, fortitude and courage in the face of all the discouragement. You fought the good fight and won!! You're a great role model for all those still in the process.