Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by glenda2, Jun 19, 2008.

1. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

it has been 2 years but i had my hearing today and the judge told me i won!!!!! i didn't think i was going to because he was very mean i had a panic attack at the end because he was so rough on me. but i won i won!!!!

i was not expecting to have the answer today i thought they always mailed you a letter. i was glad to konow today so i don't have to think about it until i get the letter...

i thank GOD for being with me today!!!!!so please everyone say your prayers and never give up you can win too.....

[This Message was Edited on 06/20/2008]
  2. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

I guess some judges are apparently human after all!
  3. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I am so happy for you! This is one step for all of us.

4. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

my lawyer said that the way he treated me was uncalled for. that he was the type of guy who likes to pull the wings off butterflies. but i still won. God was looking after me!!!

5. Heald

Heald New Member

Glenda, congrat's on your victory.

Please, share your story with me. Were you working? Had you stop working during this time? Did you get 100% disability?

I current work full time. I've been granted 25%. However, it has become very difficult working now. If I stop, without my income, we would drown. I've got to do something though.

6. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

no i was not working. i was told my backpay would start from 5 months after i stopped working. i did not know you could get anything while still working. so i am glad you are atleast getting something.

thanks to all of you for your congrats i hope you all get yours soon.
  7. landra

landra New Member

Thanks for sharing the good news!

But your lawyer's comment about the judge - likes to tear wings off butterflys - underlines again how negative the whole system is for us.... "benchside manner" should have some standard and judges should be held accountable! But I'll put that on my list of things to address for after getting rid ot the long delays in SSDI! Sorry he was mean to you... but glad you won.
  8. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Everyday I can log on and see that someelse has won SSDI is an encouragement to me! What a relief you must feel, whew!!!

I do ask for Gods blessing everyday for all of us here! I'm glad he was watching over you!

Take Care,
  9. momof471

momof471 New Member

I know it stressed you out to have a mean judge, but you WON.

Congratulations! Been a lot of bench decisions in the past few months, I hope they keep coming!

God Bless
  10. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

please no one give up. i know some have waited longer than i did and some won very quickly. by the way the judge talked to me i thought for sure i was not going to get it.

but at the end he told me i won. so now i don't have to sit around waiting all nervous and wondering. i am glad he told me while i was there.

i said my prayers everyday. i was begining to think GOD was tired of that prayer but i guess he wasn't. he help me make it some how with little money.

but none of you should ever give up. i wish we all would get it.

11. xphile

xphile New Member

I'm sorry the judge was so mean, but I am so glad that you won your case!!! God certainly has your back when it seems impossible for there to be any hope! Way to go and know I am thanking God for your win :)

12. crazygranny

crazygranny New Member

Congratulations!!!!!!!Hooray!!!! so happy you won and that you didn't have to wait on your decision!!!!!!!!Now you can sit back,relax and enjoy your victory!!!!!!!!
  13. lsaxton65

lsaxton65 New Member

did you win based on FM or CFS or a mental disability? I was curious as to what the decision was based on.

i'm still waiting for my hearing...could be around november, who knows

14. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

the judge did not tell me what i won on and since it was just this morning i'll have to wait for the letter in the mail.

i filed for FM and menieres disease but he told me today i need to talk to my dr. about upping the dossage on my meds for depression.

who wouldn't be depressed with what we have.

15. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Oh that is great news, I am so happy for you and know how you must be feeling as I just won mine recently. I filed back in 2003. The Judge had no right to treat you mean or disrepectful nor does he have the right to suggest upping your depression medications unless he is a medical Dr. also. I try and pray for all on this cite often and do know God does answer prayers! Congratulations on your win ,and treat yourself good and relax its been a long stressful time for you.