I Won!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by justmestephd, Feb 12, 2009.

1. justmestephd

justmestephd New Member

I just wanted to let everyone know that i won to give some hope. I went in front of the judge on Tuesday and I won. It wasn't that bad of a hearing. My lawyer was the one asking me questions and the judge didn't ask me anything. He wanted to hear from the medical expert but not the vocationalist. So it went really well and I'm glad that is over with.

Thank you to the 2 people that gave me a couple suggestions as I posted the day before asking if anyone had any advise for me but only 2 people wrote back so I thank them!!!
  2. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

Hope your heart and mind are a little calmer now. Glad it is over for you.

FOYBOYFOY New Member

congrats- i too went in front of a judge about a week ago and won. what a relief. no more financial pressure just work on getting better........GOD BLESS FOY
  4. lynncats

lynncats New Member

justmestephd - just wondering what exactly happens in front of the judge. I am newly diagnosed with fm after 4 years of drs. Have been denied once for disability, trying another time, haven't heard back yet, but my rep/lawyer said if it is denied again, we will go in front of a judge. I hate to admit it, but I know I'll be nervous, and probably cry like a little baby. this site has really been good. I hope to hear from you, and btw, congrats!!
  5. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am waiting for a hearing myself so every time I hear of some one winning I gain even more hope that I might win as well!!

Congratulations I am so, so happy for you!!!!
  6. justmestephd

justmestephd New Member

I was really surprised at the fact it wasn't too bad in front of the judge. It's really casual and for me it went really smooth. The judge talks first of course swearing everyone in and opening statement as to why we are there... ex... appeal filed such and such date that kind of thing, then he asked my lawyer if she was ready. She read her opening thing and then she questioned me. Everything her and I had already talked about. After we were done the judge said he had nothing to ask me. He then turned to the medical expert who then spent I'd say about 5 - 10 or so many minutes talking about my illnesses and my depression and what statues I met for SSDI and after that the judge said I don't need to hear from the vocationalist. He said that was it and we got up to leave and he said I"m ready to make a ruling and my lawyer stayed and he said I won.

I don't know any other as far as when I will get my notice in the mail or money or anything like that but my lawyer did say the medical expert worded it as to make it sound like it's in my head because that's the way they used to see fibro, I told her I don't care how they word it I won!!!!

I have fibro, lupus, oa, ibs, depression of course

Hope this helps I know you will be a wreck I was too but my lawyer tried to calm me and I cried to so don't worry about crying.
  7. justmestephd

justmestephd New Member

I read that you won too. I think we have been really lucky with so many people winning lately. :)
  8. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Thank you so much for replying to me. I'm happy you won! Thanks for sharing that you cried too, cuz I know I will.
  9. jmq

jmq New Member

I would do a happy dance...if I could. I am so happy when someone has great news. I too am waiting for a hearing and do not know what to expect. Thank you for telling us all about it.

I do have a few questions...Who is the medical expert that talked at the hearing...your doctor? The SS doctor?...and who is the vocational expert??...I was never sent to one?

I do not think either of my doctors will go to a hearing for me....they have filled out the forms and everything...but one specifically says he doesnt go to court for anyone. SOOOO that is making me sooo nervous.

Well, if you can get back to me about that, I would appreciate it. Meanwhile, relax and enjoy the relief you must feel.

10. justmestephd

justmestephd New Member

To answer some of your questions the medical expert was someone from SS. He listens and takes notes and then when the judge asks him question he more or less repeats everything that we (my lawyer and I) said. I believe his job is to tell the judge which statues we meet as far as the SSDI regulations.

The vocational expert is there to tell the judge if he believes you can do any other work besides what you used to do. He never spoke the judge didn't need him too after hearing the medical expert. In fact when I was outside walking to my car he rode by me and wished me well which I thought was nice.

The best thing your doctor could do for you is fill out the form telling of your limitations. My lawyer sent my doctor one and she really filled it out good. I'm going to send her a thank you card, she really helped me a lot.

I hope that answers your questions and if you have more feel free to ask. You are going to be nervous no matter how much you try not to. I was a wreck but I had a good lawyer, when we were outside I asked if I could hug her and she said sure so we did. I was beyond happy. Now the other wait is to get some money. That will be the final relief!!!
  11. lynncats

lynncats New Member

justmestephad, I'm not sure I'm using this site right, anytime I reply to someone, the bottom of my replay states "edit message or delete message, what is up with that? Thanks and hope is good tonight.
  12. justmestephd

justmestephd New Member

Anytime you reply to a message you have the option to edit it or delete it anytime you want. Hope that helps