I won

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Jun 8, 2010.

1. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I got a favorable descion at my hearing today. I was denied at hearing 1 yr ago. I got it mostly from the severe depression. Ruthie
  2. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

....it's a long road, isn't it?
  3. lynncats

lynncats New Member

that is wonderful. It is awful though how long we must wait. I was just approved on June 3rd, at hearing. But waited almost 2 years before all that. Take care of yourself.

4. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

How soon did you get money?? We are at the end of our rope. Ruthie
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

That's wonderful, and sounds like they told you at the hearing too? that has to relieve some stress.

It can take about 2 months or less. Most I know have gotten at least one check within a few weeks... and can arrive in the form of several checks, depending on your case.

I hope you get yours sooner than later!

6. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Congratulations! It took me 14 months to get my disability. But i was only 38 and at the time back problems werent on the "list". I had to contact my state representative bc i was at the bottom of the barrel financially. I had my ck in 2 wks. Maybe it was just a coincidence...maybe not. I just know he asked me to lunch to talk to me and said hed do whatever he could to help. I believe with all my heart he did just that. Hope you get your check soon!
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the good news.

I don't know much about finance, but maybe it would help get a loan
    if you showed the lender the news of your award.

8. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Congratulatinos Willruthie!

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis almost 10 years ago, then FM about 5 years ago. On a side note - I've had 3 nervous breakdowns requiring hospitalization in the last 20 years.

My guess - I would get disability based on my psychiatric history also.

9. lynncats

lynncats New Member

I haven't rec'd any money yet. My "rep" told me it could take a couple of weeks to a month. I sure know what you mean by being at the end of our rope, so hang on tight. Hopefully you will get your money soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

10. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

YEA!!!! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the wonderful news!