I wonder if any one else has this happen to them?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Aug 12, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I don't sleep good at night and I think I know why.Every day about 6 pm I get so fatiqued that I have to lay down orI will fall down.

So I will lay on the couch and watch TV , I can start to feel it when my body starts to relax as different muscels groups will suddenly JUMP HARD AND TWITCH HARD. It is so painful for me and you can see it when the twotich hits as it will make my leg move or the muscles move. And it hurts so much that I really want to cry.

This keeps on going for a while and all of a sudden the show on the TV has changed and I don't remember falling alseep. Some times I will just dose off and still can hear the TV going and other times I am out cold and have to fight to wake up. I get this feeling while I am alseep that I have to wake up now and I fight through the layers of sleep to wake up and I still feel so sleepy.

This happens no matter what I am doing everyday. IF I don't lay down I get dizzy and hurt so bad that I can't move so I have to at least sit down and even sitting I have doesed off into a sleep.

I really try not to sleep during the day as it makes it hard for me to sleep at night. But this sudden deep fatique hits so hard that I have to lay down and I don't have any control over it or what causes it. I don't know what it is that i am doing to cause this fatique.

Along iwth the fatique I get really bad leg aches adn muscle cramps in my calves and deep into my thighs. Some times it feels like the pain is not in my muscels but in my bones and I will lay in bed rubbing my legs crying because the pain is so intence and I have taken my pain meds along with the muscle relaxant and it takes for ever for it to work.

I know that taking the soma during the day will make me sleepy so I try not to take it in the day time even though it is prescribed to take it 4 x a day.

I am really beginning to hate this feeling of deep fatique that just wipes me out taking away all of my muscle control and leaving me weak and in pain. I don't want to sleep but No matter what I do I will fall alseep eventually.

What is going on with me? I have tried everything that I can think of to do so that I am not sleepy at 6 pm. I would love to go to bed at 10 pm and go to sleep but that does not work work for me. I will just lay there for a while and as I start to relax the muscles will jump so hard taht I move and some times I have kicked my hubby when my legs have jumped and I didn't have any control over it. HE will tell me to stop it so he can sleep. So I will get up and come up stairs to lay on the couch.

Some times by about 11pm I can fall alseep on the couch but if I wake up to go to bed I can't fall alseep again. Or it takes me so long to fall back to sleep.
    By around 2-3 am I am in a deep sleep and nothing will wake me up. NOT even my grandson screamming as he woke up with a night mare.

And since the other night when the thunder hit so hard I have been having sharp pains in my left wrist that just burn and sting me. I am beginning to think I am just short circiting and falling apart.
    Does this happen to any one else or am I just teh abnormal one ?

I hate it. I want to sleep and not jump so hard that my body will hurt to the bones and I lay there and cry from the pain.

I wish I knew what I am doing wrong if any thing.
    I only want a good night 's sleep with out jumping out of the bed from muscle spasams.

Well I better go to bed as I have company , MY daughter SIL & GRandson are here for the night. It was a surpise and the baby does not like to go to sleep. But it is quit in the bed room so I think he gave in ane went to sleep. So I had better stop typing and go down stairs to go to my bed so if he wakes up his mommmy can bring him out here to the living room and they will sleep on the couch.

I have had fun with them tonight and now I am going to pay for giving him a bath as I had to lift him in to the tub and out again and he weighs about 26 lbs.

So good night and let me know if any one else can't stay awake in the evening's like me. I feel like I am losing it as every night I will dose off at the same time and then I can't sleep at night.

HUGS ,
    Rosemarie
  2. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

This is almost the exact same thing that was happening to me. My doctor suggested taking my Cymbalta in the morning (i used to take it before bed) and he gave me a prescription for Requip (for Restless Leg Syndrome). It has helped 110%. No more twitches! I am sleeping better and have a higher energy level.

I hope you start feeling better!

{hugs}

Dawn
  3. jole

jole Member

And it drives me crazy too. Sometimes I can go to sleep at 6 p.m. and not wake up again until noon the next day though.

Maybe you would be better off trying to lay down right after lunch for awhile just to rest those muscles before they get so terribly tight and fatigued. And if you doze off then it wouldn't make such a difference in your night sleeping pattern.

I hate this more and more every day. It just keeps getting worse, doesn't it?

Friends - Jole