I worked at our family Pharmacy today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marilynb, Jun 10, 2006.

1. marilynb

marilynb New Member

We have an independent Pharmacy about 1/2 mile from our house that we just opened in January. My husband is the Pharmacist & daughter is the Certified Pharmacy Tech.

I worked for my daughter today. She had something to take her daughter to & my hubby needed my help. I got a crash course in being a Pharmacy clerk. (Never even ran a cash register before) I answered phones, waited on walk in patients as well as the drive thru. Mostly they were just picking up RXs already filled & I checked them out.

I work at a Bank in back room loan operations. I am not a customer contact person & get nervous when I have contact. Don't know why, been that way my whole life. I tried to be an admin (at the Bank) for about 6 months & the stress of the customer contact almost killed me.

My husband said I did great, but when I came home I took a nap & when I woke up, I was in so much pain. I was laying on my side with my knees up to my stomach & arms bent & fist clenched. Everything was completely tensed up. I woke up 2 hours ago & even after my meds, I still hurt. I did not realize it affected me that way. I knew I was nervous but had no idea, to what extent.

My DH & DD keep telling me to "keep moving". They have seen me 'go' for a few days at a time & think it really helps me to keep going. Sometimes I am ok, but today is NOT one of them.

My husband wants me to go to the mall with him...just don't know if I can make it today. Hey, maybe we should go "borrow a scooter" from the store. He even said, "I thought we could get you doing something that would make you forget about how you feel." WHAT?? Is he kidding me?? I told him, I wish it was something that I could just forget! He has no idea.

My daughter is always telling me to exercise. She came home from work the other day & said her feet were killing her. I was in the kitchen, making dinner or washing dishes. I popped my head in the living room & said "excercise". She said I needed to practice what I preach. I said "I don't preach that, you do. You need to practice it."

Well, I really didn't mean to go off on a vent like that.
    Just wanted to let ya'll know about my experience at working at a pharmacy. (No I did not yell at anyone.) I was very nice. I'll let my hubby handle any problems that come up.

Marilyn

2. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I work 50 hour weeks in our family business and have to deal with the public 9 hours a day and boy it can be a killer. Some days you just want to roll up in a ball and hide, but you can't. I know how you feel about dealing with the public and being on your feet all day, not fun.

TxSongBird
  3. marilynb

marilynb New Member

I would not live long, if I had to do this every day. It has put me in such a flare, I am still in bed. My husband wants me to eventually quit my Bank job & work at the store, but after today, I just don't think that is possible. Please tell me your secret for handling this on a daily bases with FM.

Marilyn
  4. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

My father who has passed away owned his own business for 52 years and he was disabled with spine problems, Restlessleg Syndrome and I think Fibro, but he went to work day after day, because he said if he ever stopped, he would just sit down and die. After he sold the business, he died within a year of that. My husband understands how I feel with my pain, so I take my pain meds and go on. I go to bed early every night and just take things easy. We don't own a huge house so cleaning it is not such a problem and we have our lawn done. I was home from work on Friday in bed with a flare so there are times I can't work, but have only missed about 4 days total this year from work.

TxSongBird