I worry about this!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Does anyone else worry that they are not getting the right diagnosis, the right treatment, the right drug, and that if only our doctors were totally thorough and exhausted all possibilities, we might feel better.

It would be so sad to think we have wasted all this time feeling so bad when a treatment is a click away
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Is that we are being treated with "old protocol"

My recent posts show my frustration that I believe we are missing something...I KNOW WE ARE, WE ARE STILL BATTLING DISEASES...We treat the symptoms with all kinds of drugs and keep blinders on to the cause...

Some of that may be due to BIG BUSINESS...I just told my doc today to work with me on a cure for my Crohn's/Colitis...I also told him he may be out of a job in years to come, but how a miracle for us would be better than a paycheck for him...

Some good has got to come from all this suffering that many of us go thru daily...I have to believe that one of these days, I will click on here and either find the answer myself, or someone else will have the answer staring back at me...
  3. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

unfortunately, evertime we tell them about something, they just treat the symptom not the illness
  4. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I think that there are cures that were found by the pharmicuitical companies for almost all of the Diseases that paople have, and here is why they are not available to anyone, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Why would a company give something to you to cure your illness when they can just sell you something to treat the symtoms of the illness on an ongoing basis. No money in a cure, but tons of it in treatment. So where is their incentive to cure what ails you? There is none. If they did give you the cure they would not be in bussines for very long (nobody would need their meds any more).

Of course this is just my opinion though.

Jake