I would have never thought...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Simcha, May 28, 2003.

1. Simcha

Simcha New Member

I'm just getting into the symptoms and quirks of fribro, cfs, & restless leg syndrome (that one I know I've had all my life). Then, I read the post "Wanna Laugh? YOU MIGHT BE A FIBROMYALGIC" and found a couple of things I've been keeping in the closet.
    The Post Its for one- I have to write down everything. Didn't know that was a characteristic.
    The other symptom is shaking. I've always had penmanship that looks like a 100-year-old, arthitic. I can't make a "2" or "3" without concentration on my motor skills. OK, I've NEVER shared this with anyone.
    Am I nuts?
    Thanks for being there!
  2. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

but considering all these absurd weird symptoms we all share it is almost easy to see why some folks tend to think we are, eh?! I live by post-it, some times my writing looks like a pre-schooler's, I often shake and tremble as if I had drank 3pots of coffee in an hour, transpose words and numbers (very frustrating when dialing numbers and doing the checkbook!). We have friends named Kelly and Steve, and another; Kirk and Sheila, darned if it doesn't come out Stelly and Keve, and the other; Shirk and Keila!
    My kid's find this hilarious, and I have just learned to smile and shrug. So don't feel alone and don't be afraid
    to confess this stuff as it is a given you will always find that others have had the same stuff :) peace and love,Rebel
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Simcha, welcome to our world of the strangest symptoms in all of medical history!

No you are not nuts, if you are them we all will have to admit to being a basket of mixed nuts!

Glad you decide to join us, we are very happy to have you here sharing with us.

My memory is pretty good at the moment, but for a while I was calling my dogs by the other dogs' name! Poor things, now when I call one of them, they all come. I have five of them.

As for symptoms, they are so varied, and so many that someone around here is always coming up with something they think is 'new', then the replies start coming in and they find out they are just one of many.

Come out the closet, and join us!

Shalom, Shirl