I would like to get some opinions

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by getridof, Nov 14, 2007.

1. getridof

getridof New Member

My friend is now suffering from "extremely terrible" family crisis. I feel so sad for her and I pray for her a lot.

My question is:
    My friend is a devoted Buddhist. Does it work if I pray to God? Will God offer her any help if she's not Christian?
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Of course He will!

I continue to be amazed how many things different religions have in common.

God is an awesome God, he reigns from heaven above.
    You are praying to God asking Him to help another person in a time of their need.

I don't think there is anything in the Bible that mandates you only pray for people who are Christian. I don't remember any exculsivity clause.

[This Message was Edited on 11/17/2007]
  3. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

is not buddha. The first commandment is There shall be no other god before Me.
    This is not God in Heaven:
    The Buddha who is the founder of the Buddhist religion is called Buddha Shakyamuni. "Shakya" is the name of the royal family into which he was born, and "Muni" means "Able One." Buddha Skakyamuni was born as a royal prince in 624 BC in a place called Lumbini.

You could pray her salvation and so will I.
    Sarah
    [This Message was Edited on 11/17/2007]
  4. jole

jole Member

God is the Father of all, Christians and non Christians alike. His greatest wish is for all to become Christian....and sometimes that happens only through prayer.
  5. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

Getridof,
    All of us who were Christians were at one time non-Christians. If God only worked on behalf of Christians no one would ever receive salvation. I know for a fact that God was at work in my life long before I ever acknowledged Him. There have also been times when I have sensed Him speaking to me through an unbeliever.

God is so much bigger than any box we try to sqeeze Him into. Which is incredibly frustrating at times. The Bible teaches that the prayers of a righteous man accomplishes much. I really encourage to continue praying for your friend and for her salvation.

Lms526
  6. skikat

skikat New Member

yes! yes! yes!
    by all means , pray for her, and as the other poster said, pray especially for her to find Jesus and make him LORD OF HER LIFE!
    it is not her faith that will pull her through this, but you interceding for her. that is what the bible tells ius to do. the bible aslso says that GOD makes the rain to fall on the good and on the bad aloike. but that does not guarentee salvation. but he will still intervene for her on your behalf because you trusted in him. please, even if she is a devoted "anything" to any -"god", GOD will still work to try to get her to come to him as long assomeone keeps praying for her to come to him.

now, she still has "free will" andwill make her own decision, but the HOLY SPIRIT WILL WORK WITH HER RIGHT UP TO THE END OF HER LIFE< as long as someone that serves the one true GOD 'Jesus" prays.
    always pray, "believing", for to doubt- is not believing him in the first place. there were many places that JESUS could not do miracles while here on earth, because of unbelief. so be sure to pray with faith, keep hanging in there for her. you may be the only one who cares enough.

and remember, most 'OTHER gods" have a grave that they lay in but JESUS DOES NOT! HE IS ALIVE FOREVEROMRE!
    HUGS AND I WILL BE PRAYING TOO. --SKI