I would like to share my experencie with my fibro-and what i have been doin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Larac., Dec 30, 2008.

1. Larac.

Larac. New Member

When I first found out i had fibro--I really did not put much thought into it...I needed to have pain so bad in my head, I went to er hysterical--I told my mother to get my casket ready. I could not live in this state...but here it is 4 yrs later and thanks to alot of my pharmacy friends and my pharmacy tech backround, and the research I have done...I am in this for the long run---I would really like to help in any way I can,,,i am a good listener, I have taken alot of meds and have been through alot of side affects--but I am not discouraged....Please if u have time and would like to hear more from me,,,please let me know...I am always around---Larac.
  2. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

How have you been doing? I hope your xmas was good. And Happy New Year! Any plans for tonight?
    Can I ask, what do you mean by you needed to have pain so bad in your head?
    What medication is working for you?
    My doc finally out me on 500mg of Naproxin, 3 x a day when I have flare ups with arthritis. Nothing for in between. I have been hurting alot lately.
    It's hard to get exercise right now with all the ice and snow. I can't afford to go to a gym. And with this flare it hurts to much to exercise. I can't exercise in a pool because I have a BAD reaction from the chemicals. All I can manage right now is gentle stretches.
    I have seen a chiro for close to a yr now, he does help. He says my body is not where it should be with his treatments and is going to see what he can come up with to help me. I see him every 1 1/2 wks and can't seem to go any longer. That is better than when I first started seeing him. So he has given me some relief. But he says he doesn't think he can help me any further. I can still see him, but he thinks I need something more. I would be open from to any suggestions if you have any. Thanks, Robin
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I have been sick for about nine years now. I found out about two years go that I have Lyme disease. It has been hard.

I hope you are feeling better now.

Anyway, welcome to the board!

4. 3sa

3sa New Member

I just wanted to wish you a happy New Year.
  5. marysxx

marysxx New Member

I've had fibro for most of my life. At 38 I was diagnosed. Also I have anxiety etc. Somataztion disorder as well. Always feeling something wrong. Thankfully its always turns out to be fibro related. Lately I've been getting light funny sensations in my throat and some palpations. Dr. says anxiety. Well maybe you can relate. Prozac/buspar etc.