IACFS Conference anyone going?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamj, Dec 19, 2006.

1. pamj

pamj New Member

Is anyone here going to be there?

I just got a scholarship award for my advocacy work, that covers the 5-day conference fee and banquet for me & my husband. I'm so excited! We certainly wouldn't be going if I didn't get it.

I just booked the hotel & flights... it's the first trip I'll be taking since I got sick. It's a big step, but we'll just hope for the best. Even if I spend half the time in bed, I'll still enjoy the rest! The most important part that they want me to attend is the advocacy part. After that, it will be whatever I can handle.

Just wanted to see if there was anyone from here that I'd be able to meet in person. Let me know!

Thanks,
    Pam
  2. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

It's too soon after I get back from Anchorage and Sacramento. I'm flying out to see my 5 grand kids after the holidays.

I'd LOVE to be able to go, and Florida would be a wonderful place, although still chilly this time of the year.

Like you, I'd end up spending more time in bed than at the conference, though. So, it's just out of the question.

That's the sad part-most of us either can't afford it, or couldn't tolerate the trip! Sad, huh?? YOU, enjoy!!! PG
  3. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

I would love to go, but I just can't with my current circumstances. I have looked at the agenda for both patient and physician sessions and the posters, they all look good. I would love to hear as much detail as possible from those who attend. They will, however, be taping all the physicians' sessions and possibly all of the patient sessions. I don't know if they will be providing any data from the poster presentations.
  4. pamj

pamj New Member

bumping in case people didn't see this...

I know it is very difficult for most patients to consider going. We either can't afford it or aren't physically able. I certainly fell into both categories for the past 5 years, but I think I can finally handle the flight. As for the rest, I'll do my best.

I'll try to provide as much info as I can when I return. Luckily, Marc will be there too, so maybe he'll remember more than me :)

take care,
    Pam