Iam devastated ...........my best friend.............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Feb 9, 2006.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Is leaving today!

I have worked with my boss Mike( who is also one of my best friends in the world )............... for over 2 years now, we are very close and he has never spoke one harsh word to me ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is a rock to me...........I can talk to him about anything and he is always there for me............he always helps me to make sense of things...............and helps me to see that Iam a good person after all!

Today is his last day at my work........he is being transferred to another school and Iam taking his position............he makes this position look so easy because he is so good at it..........I hope and pray that I can do as good a job as he has.................

BUT Iam going to be lost without having him to talk to everyday................he has helped me in ways I'm sure he is unaware of........I have more confidence in myself because he has helped me...................by listening to me and caring about me as a person............I have become extremly close to his wife and boys too...........we are like family !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iam so very sad and Iam going to miss him like crazy...........tonight I found out that he and his wife finally sold their home that has been on the market for over 6 months..........so he will be moving out of state in a few months too.....................Iam lost without him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a very hard time for me ................and I just needed to vent

Thank you for listening!!!!!!!!!!!!

XO
    Doxy

[This Message was Edited on 02/10/2006]
  2. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

I see you are having it rough right now and I am sorry. As you know venting is healthy so vent on. Friends are very important and each one is a blessing...tell him that! Over the last few days I am seeing that telling those we love that we do is of most importance!

Don't doubt yourself...you will do fine at your new postion!

I hope he is not going so far away that you can't see him sometimes (and his family).

Hugs and Love
    Amy
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

...you friend is leaving. Don't forget to tell him how you feel (what you have written is great and I am sure he would love to hear it) and don't forget there is always email, not the same as seeing each other but a great way to keep in touch.

My best friend of 30+ years (we met in the 3rd grade...LOL) keep in by email, so much cheaper than phone calls.

Best of luck,

Karen
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it is sad for you to have a close friend move away...i know you will be doing some emailing and phone calling i am sure of that...it may not be the same as the personal touch of him in your office with you...

but maybe you can go visit them on vacations and them you.....

every thing happens for a reason and we don't know why at the time, but it is going to bring good to you and to him.....

sorry for you loss, but in the coast guard we never say goodbye, we say see you later, cause we always do...it has been so true for us...

big hug to you

jodie
  5. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

Congratulations on your new position!

Rock it on, Sister!

OX
    Lolle
  6. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

for being here for me!

I just can't imagine my life walking through the doors of my job and my best friend isn't going to be there anymore!

I will get through it..............but right now it hurts and it hurts a lot..............( on top of everything else )!:)

Thank you again for being here and for always being faithful to me " the happiest unlucky person "!

Love and hugs
    Doxy
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

how about taking a picture of the both of you together and i think a radio shack they have those pic frames where you can leave a message in it and push the button and he can leave a message for you...maybe something like get your arse back to work doxy!hee hee, no that is a 10 count pour not a 15...lol

jodie
  8. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

look on this as a new start, you got a new job position! thats great news!
    as for your friend its not all bad, you can still write/email/phone or have them come visit. one of my best friends is hundreds of miles away but its still a good friendship.
    lots of love, smiffy.