IAM NEW TO THIS M-B

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suave, Feb 7, 2006.

1. suave

suave New Member

HI EVERYONE IAM NEW TO THIS MESSAGE BOARD. IWAS JUST READING ABOUT WAKEMEUP AND I FELT SO BAD FOR HER. I DONT EVEN KNOW HER OR ANYTHING ABOUT HER BUT I PRAYED TO GOD FOR HER. EVERYONE SOUNDS SO KIND.
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

WakeMeUp is one of our all time supporters. She is always here helping us and sharing. But she knew where to turn when something like that hits.

She is special and we need her. That is what we are about.
    But she will come right back with the strength and giving that she has. God Bless her and all of us..

Welcome...
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I'm new too. What's your story?

sofi
  4. suave

suave New Member

WELL I WAS NIAGONOSED IN APRIL 2004 WITH FIBRO. THEY THOUGHT I HAD MS OR SOME OTHER DEBILITATING DISEASE. BUT AFTER TONS OF TEST. MS WAS RULED OUT AND FIBRO WAS RULED IN. I THOUGHT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAS IS FIBROMYALGIA????? BOY DO I KNOW WHAT IT IS. AND IAM SORRY WHEN EVER I MISS SPELL A WORD. IAM REALLY BAD AT SPELLING NOW. I HAVENT WORKED SINCE THEN AND I HAVE NEVER REALLY BEEN THE SAME SINCE THAT APRIL DAY. I WAS AT WORK AS USUAL AND ALL KINDS OF THINGS STARTED HAPPENING TO ME. I HAD STIFFNESS. PAIN, HEADACHES ALL DAY. FEELING MALAISE, LIKE NOT SURE OF ANYTHING. I WAS PUT IN THE HOSPITAL FOR A WEEK FOR TONS OF BLOOD WORK AND MRI JUST TO MENTION A COUPLE. THEN I HAD TO FOLLOW UP WITH A NEROLIGIST AND THEN THE RHEMATOLIGIST. ANY WAY HER IAM. IAM 50 THANK GOD I DIDNT HAVE THIS WHEN MY GIRLS WERE AT HOME. I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD OF DONE. IAM WITH A WONDERFUL MAN WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 6 YEARS WE WILL PROBABLY GET MARRIED ONE OF THESE DAYS. IAM ON MY 3RD STAGE FOR SSD. SO I SHOULD START GETTING BENEFITS THIS YEAR SOMETIME. WELL BYE FOR NOW IAM REALLY HURTING FROM TYPING SO MUCH.-RENE---
  5. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Do you have any idea what triggered it? Has your boyfriend been supportive through all this?

I've known something was wrong for about 15 years but just got diagnosed recently. It's been an emotional experience for me. I feel overwhelmed - trying to weed through the informtation.

My brother has been symptomatic for the past 5 years and our symptoms are incredibly similar. I know this is mostly a syndrome of women but I'm pretty convinced he has it and my dad and grandfather and aunt had it. I've told him to go to a rheumy. I think he's watching me to see what happens.

blessings

Sofi
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

WELCOME TO THE FIBRO FAMILY!

(((((BUG SOFT HUG))))).....Mari (MamaR)
  7. Cindi

Cindi New Member

Welcome!! I joined this message board a few years ago, but haven't posted for a long time until yesterday. I was reading here quite a bit, though. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

I've been dx'd with Fibromyalgia for almost 9 years. This is a great place for information and support!

Take care,
    ~Cindi~
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

hope this board helps in some ways...

jodie
  9. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

glad to have you on the board.It really is a great place.Linda
  10. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

I am pretty new too. I read more than I post. I am trying to figure out as much as I can about this DD (darn
    disease). This board has been my LIFESAVER! I felt all alone with this FM until I found these wonderful, loving and supportive group of people. I found a doctor thru
    this board too! I feel blessed and know that God answered
    my prayer and led me to this place.

Welcome and have a blessed day,

Maribelle
  11. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I know just how you feel. I have felt like I was fighting some invisible monster and no one seemed to take me seriously. I felt like a whiner or lazy and grew very frustrated with myself. It is a very lonely feeling. It wasn't until my brother started to compare notes with me about his own symptoms that I started taking myself seriously.

Good luck with your research. I've been combing the internet and bookstore for more info myself. I feel like a newbie to the veterens on this board. Though they have been very helpful.

Sofi
  12. kch64

kch64 New Member

The Board.. (LOL)

You will find lots of support here.

Kendra
  13. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

I have sat in this house for almost 2 yrs. Im new too. I feel soooo much better with all of these new friends. They help with everythin.

Suzette
  14. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

This board has been a lifesaver for me.

Just wanted to say hi, Ritatheresa
  15. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Sorry you have FM but glad you found this board. It is such a supportive place and has so much information. Also, we have fun!

Take care, and don't worry about spelling. No one grades our posts! (-:

Sue