Iam so sad our friends 19 year old son died

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doxygirl, Aug 31, 2007.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

We just got home from the viewing of our good friends son.....he was only 19 years old and died doing what he loved the most "riding a dirt motorcycle!

I hugged his mom and couldn't let go.....I was struggling to find "something" to say to make the hurt less for her...but all I could get out ( because I was crying so hard )... was " I feel your pain"......

it is so hard to find words to comfort someone who loses a loved one and especially when it is a mother's child!

He was such a good guy too, never in trouble, always just good!

I told the mom ( my friend ) that is she needs anything to call....but what do I do? What do I say? I want to help her through this and comfort her.....but Iam a wreck feeling her pain and therefore am not much good at being a pilar for her!

Iam just so sad it is hard to even write this.....this boy was also good friends with my three sons and they too are having a hard time with this...

why is death so hard?

Any suggestions how I can be a better support for my friend.......?

Thanks Doxy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/31/2007]
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

You'll never know what just being there probably meant to her. Pray Pray Pray that the Lord will comfort her and this family. This is such a tragedy.

Death is hard, it's never easy. Sometimes we wonder why? Only the Lord knows, try to lean on his understanding and not your own. I will be thinking and praying for you, your sons and this young mans family.

Just hugs and being there can go a long way!!!!

Love Kriket
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i would suggest helping her/your family w/finding a breavement counselor. or just to go meet up w/her at her home or get her out of the house for coffee....

and one of the most difficult things for her to do especially if her son lived at home still. if you could help her pack up some of his belongings. when the time comes. sometimes when someone isn't the actual family memeber we can separate ourselves from such personal items...

going thru the clothing w/be difficult, as little as his toothbrush. i think you get my drift. but she should always cherish those pictures or trophies..special keepsakes should always be kept in my book. and displayed for the rememberance of his life.

cody tells me once in awhile that part of life is death. it sounds so cold but it is true i believe. try to remember the good things and not the bad.

hugs to you all

4. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I can't imagione the grief that a parent feels when they lose a child! It has to be one iof the most difficult things in life.

Give her your company if whe wants you. If you cry together gthat's OK. Talk with her if she wants to talk about her son - listen to her - she will want to talk!

Keep giving your love to her and let your sons know that it is OK for them to cry too.

God Bless you and your friend.
    The Lord lost His son also.

5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

they could make a quilt from the sons clothes.

Someone I knew did that for a family member and the family said it was great to go wrap up in the quilt when they were missing their daughter/sister--like she wrapped her arms around them.

Just a thought.

6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I will pray for your family and hers. Such a waste of a young life.

Will be thinking of you!

Take care, and Be Well! Your Friend, Kellyann