IBD, Hashimoto's and thiamine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by mbofov, Mar 26, 2014.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Interesting, Mary, I'll check this more and look at the higher Thiamine dose....I've dealt with Hashi for years. jam

Just thinking since I did purchase Benfotiamine, what do think if I updose on this form as I have a full bottle?
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Hi Jam - I read that bentofiamine acts differently in the body than straight thiamine, so I really don't know if increasing the dose of bentofiamine would have the same effect on the thyroid as plain thiamine. My guess is that they would act differently, but I just don't know.

I felt somewhat jittery again this morning, sort of like I had extra coffee, which I didn't, and suddenly I thought of my thyroid. I checked my body temp and it was 97.8 - high for me. Usually it's around 96, even though I take 2 grains of Naturethroid a day. Actually I noticed the jittery feeling the first time I took thiamine a few weeks ago, but didn't think of my thyroid then, but now think it may have boosted my thyroid from the get go. I may have to cut back on my Naturethroid, which would be a good thing!

Mary
  4. jaminhealth

Mary, I haven't taken body temp in some time, I go in spurts, like when I'm reminded, so I took my temp this afternoon and it came in at 98.6, which it has NOT done in a long long time.....back when I was taking temp more often, I was always coming in at 97+.....once I recall 98.2..

So now, I'm thinking WHY....ok, I take 2 grains Armour now for a long while, bumped up Iosol to 6 drops which is about 12mg, I had been taking 2-3 drops for a long while.....also taking Selenium daily for a couple years.....so this could cause the higher temp. I'll take it in the morning and see what I get.....

I'll buy some thiamine with my next order, it's affordable enough..... I don't feel jittery, again we have such different issues.....talk later and thanks for temp reminder. jam
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Hi Jam - I didn't feel jittery until I started the thiamine. I think it is boosting my thyroid, and caused my body temp to go up. I'm going to cut back a little on my Naturethroid and see what happens.

If you started the bentofiamine, maybe it helped your thyroid and helped raise your body temp, or maybe not. Again, I don't know how it would compare to regular thiamine.

I take selenium too, have done for several years per Dr. Taylor ....

Good luck!

Mary
  6. jaminhealth

Ok Mary, I took temp before bed last night and it was 96.6, this morning it was 97.4...so like blood pressure it does vary but good to get it up as best as we can....I think the mid day temp of 98.6 is probably due to the upping dose of Iodine I do now....when I started iodine I was taking like 4-5mg, now it's about 12mg...this is due to my presence with the iodine group where I've learned a lot. I'll continue to check temps but I don't think the 98.6 is due to the Bentofiamine, as I've only been taking it 4 days or so.

On the iodine, when I dropped it for a while I was getting breast pains so I don't miss it now daily..... jam
  7. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Yes, if thiamine is Vitamin B1, it boosted my thyroid function also.
    But too much was bad for me. The dose had to be just right, like so many things.
    Best wishes!
    Fore
  8. tgeewiz

tgeewiz Member

Yes, I started taking Thiamine last year and it helped my stomach problems incredibly. Probably better than almost anything else except Glutamin and Probiotics.