IBS and bloating

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by star273, Jul 17, 2008.

1. star273

star273 New Member

Does anyone take anything over the counter or prescription that helps with bloating? I wake up with it and go to bed with it. Cant seem to get rid of it. I did stop eating gluten. I feel like I am pregnant. I dont think having my lower back and hips hurting all the time helps either. I think it all has alot to do with it.
  2. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

Don't laugh, but I have actually had success with Beano!

I am going to get some OTC Alka Seltzer PM to see if that will help also.

Good luck. Being bloated isn't fun at all.

3. star273

star273 New Member

I wonder why we get so bloated? I am going to get the beano tonight. Yeah its kind of funny, but I dont care. I hate being bloated. Maybe I will try taking it right before I go to bed. Thanks for the info.
  4. ulala

ulala New Member

pregnant after eating small amounts of food. I got an antibiiotic called Xifaxin which is for Small Intestinal Bowel Overgrowth. These particular bacteria grow in the upper part of the abdomen, which is usually free of bacteria.

I was craving sweets and carbs. The bacteria take the nutrition from the food that you eat so you're not getting enough nutrients.

The Xifaxin helped me a lot. Enteric coated ppeppermint tablets supposedly can also help.

Good luck!
  5. Agent146

Agent146 New Member

Aloe Vera juice every single day of your life to combat this bloating in my opinion based on personal experience.
    Take first thing in morning on empty tummy and you are right for the day